Opening the Fermenter before time

Yes BrewDemon and Mr. Beer kits are pretty darn easy but sometime you need a little help from the Borg to get you on the right track. Post your questions here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

nubeerie

Opening the Fermenter before time

Post by nubeerie »

I'm new to brewing and my son opened the fermentor before the brew was ready. Can I still use it? How can I receive my discount
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Opening the Fermenter before time

Post by Kealia »

Welcome nubeerie.

Yes, you can still use it - it will be fine. It's generally not a good idea to do that because you run the risk of dropping something in that *could* affect the beer, but by opening the lid you don't automatically ruin the beer.

There's a million reasons not to do that, with some exceptions that I won't overwhelm you with right now. But you can rest easy that your beer is not ruined - assuming he didn't drop anything in :)
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Hello and welcome to the site / hobby / obsession. As for the BrewDemon discount

Discounts: Many of you my have been lured here by the flyer you found in you BrewDemon brewing kit you received stating that you could get a discount on future purchases by becoming a member. This is absolutely true. To get the discount you need to make sure you are signed in as a member. Then follow this link to the BrewDemon's BeerBorg Member's Discount. Once there follow the directions to associate your BrewDemon account with the Discount code and you will receive discounts on all your BrewDemon orders in the future.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

nubeerie wrote:I'm new to brewing and my son opened the fermentor before the brew was ready. Can I still use it?
Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! It's ruined it will never be the same beer it once was. You might have to go into witness protection and move. Oh wait, did he dunk the cat into it? If not your beer is fine. Sorry about that, carry on. :)
It is best to leave the lid on, but 99.99% percent of the time all is well if it's removed.

Hello nubeerie and welcome to the Borg and to brewing. We are getting quite a few new brewers here that are asking questions that I (cough) may or may not (cough) have ask 8 years ago. :whistle: All here remember where we started and that we were helped along the way so we try and pay it forward. We will do our best to answer your questions with the knowledge we have learned through or own mistakes and success in brewing along with some humor tossed in. Again, welcome. :clink:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Some people around here like Beer-Lord open up their fermenters an obscene number of times and throw copious amounts of a green vegetable matter into them while open. He still makes beer.

Welcome to our house.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Hi NB, welcome! Keep us up on your brew adventures. What's in the fermenter now?
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.