What u think

Share a basic extract recipe that you like or want to get feedback from the Borg.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

What u think

Post by Gman20 »

Im gonna brew a wheat beer using tettnanger and Amarillo hops im thinking it will give me a spicy orange type flavor also using 05 yeast so hop flavor should come out

Any thoughts? or suggestions on hop schedule
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: What u think

Post by The_Professor »

Do you have the hops already? The Tettanger is probably lower AA than the Amarillo.

Take a look at American Wheat or Rye Beer

The suggestion for IBU is 15-30. Decide how much bitterness you want in your beer.

Using a beer recipe calculator enter 50/50 Tettanger and Amarillo correcting the AA to the hops you have on hand using a 20 minute addition to get the IBU you are aiming for.
I'd suggest you can stick with only the 20 minute addition if you aim for the 15 IBU. If you want the 30 IBU you may want to half the 20 min calculations and make up the IBU with a 60 minute addition of the higher AA hop.
Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Gman20 »

Yea i have the hops already and did run a brew schedule thru brewers friend.with the amarillo starting things off with 20min boil with addition of both hops at 10 and 5 mins and then some tettnang at 1 min..
Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Gman20 »

Mainy wondering if combine the 2 types of hops will give me the spiced citrusy hoppy flavor im envisioning

Also thinking right around 20 ibu
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

Gman20 wrote:Yea i have the hops already and did run a brew schedule thru brewers friend.with the amarillo starting things off with 20min boil with addition of both hops at 10 and 5 mins and then some tettnang at 1 min..
That sounds perfectly fine. I'd stick with it and see how it turns out.
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

Gman20 wrote:Mainy wondering if combine the 2 types of hops will give me the spiced citrusy hoppy flavor im envisioning...
Using both at the 20 minute addition may be closer to what you are looking for. The 20 minute addition is "flavor". 5 minute is "aroma" and 10 minute is a bit of both.