Just Ordered the Twisted Monk Witbier 2 Gallon

Share a basic extract recipe that you like or want to get feedback from the Borg.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

LibertyCallBeer

Just Ordered the Twisted Monk Witbier 2 Gallon

Post by LibertyCallBeer »

Cant wait to try this out. It will be the first beer I make with my new BrewDemon. How is this recipe?
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Just Ordered the Twisted Monk Witbier 2 Gallon

Post by mashani »

It's one of the better ones, and if you like it as is but want to kick it up a notch next time around, there are folks here (myself included) that can give you tips on how to dial up that kit.
rogermccune

Post by rogermccune »

I bet you'll be very pleased with it. I've made it a couple times for people that prefer lighter beer. Everyone was impressed (even my mom who doesn't like beer). A friend of mine who really likes it is currently brewing a batch that she added 2 cups of watermelon juice to after a few days of fermenting. I believe she racked it into another brewdemon at day 4 and added the juice. Let us know how it turned out. I can give you an update on hers after it is done. She also tried the kit they offer that you add lemon zest to it and it was good. I have brewed probably 6-7 of brewdemon's kits and all have turned out great. I do not believe they offer a bad kit. Good luck. Happy brewing!
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Yeah, I've brewed that recipe and thought it tasted good. I've also brewed several of their other recipes, in fact I just ordered and received the two new ones, Wicked Irish Stout Recipe Plus and the Black Bishop Dopplebock Recipe Plus recipes.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I'm curious to hear how that new dopplebock turns out. Might be something I'd pick up in a scratch and dent sale.
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Ahhh Witbier is one of my all time favorite warm weather beers. I've noticed some people just don't like wheat beer, not sure why they don't, but those same people do like Kolschbier. Let us know how yours turns out.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'