speedy brew day

Ask about and share you All Grain techniques.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

natural320
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Re: speedy brew day

Post by natural320 »

a friend of mine had asked me to bottle one of these in a bomber to give as a gift...but ended up not needing it. so I had at it over the weekend, and it was excellent.
slight malty sweet note followed up with a delicate wave of citrus and slight spice. nothing weird from the fast brew day was evident to my palate. without knowing what it was, I would have thought it was a pretty well done light APA (ok, SESSION IPA. ugh!)
the freaking bar build is now all but done, but the taps aren't flowing yet because I made the kegerator part more difficult than it needs to be.
I am running 1/2'' copper pipe that I am going to feed the beer lines through to hopefully keep them chilly-er, and I don't have the proper drill bit. my bro in law thinks he does, so I should be able to proceed in the next few days. I also bought tubing without measuring, and I might have gone a little to narrow for my CO2 lines like a moron (thought the barbs were 1/4, but they look huge). but otherwise the bar looks awesome, and I can't wait to show y'all!
Little Bastards Brewing Project - "evolution of an obsession"
Drinkin': Southern Sunset, Stupid Easy Cider, Dunkleweizen, Wedding IPA (congrats bro!)
kegged and waiting: Yella beer (Bavarian lager)
up next: another Hefe, Counselor Williams Brown Ale, a string of lagers
BenSchofield

Post by BenSchofield »

Hey Natural... new to the site but I'm about to start working on my own bar and look forward to seeing the pics! Hope you worked out all the kinks. :clink:
LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LouieMacGoo »

BenSchofield wrote:Hey Natural... new to the site but I'm about to start working on my own bar and look forward to seeing the pics! Hope you worked out all the kinks. :clink:
Ben :bbwelc: Glad you found us. Please make sure to introduce yourself in the Assimilation section of the forum. :cheers:
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged