Midwest Supply Sale

Share a deal or a steal you found with your BeerBorg buddies!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Midwest Supply Sale

Post by berryman »

10% orders over $59 and free shipping. through 11:59 pm CST on 2/6/2018,
https://www.midwestsupplies.com/pages/p ... of-the-day
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Re: Midwest Supply Sale

Post by FrozenInTime »

Thanks, will have to look at them. I need a 50lb sack after the meece got into the last one.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Remember that Midwest is owned by Northern Brewer, which is owned by AB-InBev.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I know a lot of folks don't like to buy from them because of that, but I do quite often and don't care who owns them, instead of driving to my LHBS and finding they might not have a specialty grain I am looking for and have to make a sub. I just placed a order today. FIT You might want to read the fine print because I think I read the sale and free shipping doesn't include bulk grains.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I just bought some from Austin Homebrew Supply and Jaspers Homebrew, otherwise I'd probably be putting in an order. However, unfortunately these specials usually don't include the Beer. Simply Beer recipes that I buy from them.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

TonyKZ1 wrote: However, unfortunately these specials usually don't include the Beer. Simply Beer recipes that I buy from them.
I see that Tony and see that some things aren't covered when they have a sale. I know who owns them but still like buying there because they have a good inventory on stuff. I ordered some specialty grains, some PBW, caps and a bottling bucket yesterday.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Yeah, I've ordered multiple recipes from them and Northern Brewer too. It seems like when I get an email advertising a sale from one of them, I shortly get a sale notice from the other one too. Their customer service is excellent, shipping is usually quick enough. I still like buying there regardless of who owns them. I try to split my recipe and ingredients orders between several of the vendors that I normally buy from.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
teutonic terror
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by teutonic terror »

FrozenInTime wrote:Thanks, will have to look at them. I need a 50lb sack after the meece got into the last one.
Hey FIT, a heads up on the 50 lb sack...
I'm buying 50 lbs of 2 row, Briess and Great Western, from MoreBeer for about $52 including shipping...
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

That's a great deal. I pay $49 locally for Rahr, Briess or Great Mountain but how do you get it so cheap with shipping? Last time I looked at Morebeer they wanted $30 to ship to me.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
teutonic terror
Brew Master
Brew Master

Beer-lord wrote:That's a great deal. I pay $49 locally for Rahr, Briess or Great Mountain but how do you get it so cheap with shipping? Last time I looked at Morebeer they wanted $30 to ship to me.

The grain is only 39.99 and they are only charging me 13.75 for shipping...
it may be due to the fact I'm only a couple of states away? I dunno....
My LHBS told me they couldn't match the price....
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

So I went there to see what it would cost for various stuff I needed with the 10% off and free shipping.

Then for the hell of it I went to farmhouse brewing supplies and plugged the same stuff into my cart. And it was $12 cheaper even with the shipping added. So I added even more stuff to my cart to make up the difference, and got more stuff for the same price. I got some yeast, base malts, specialty grains, some dme, and some hops.

So, maybe folks should check out farmhouse and see how they compare, it probably varies depending on what you want, but pretty much across the board everything was cheaper at farmhouse, and in the qty I was buying it more then made up for the difference in shipping costs.

I will still buy from Northern or Midwest whenever they have a 3 kits for $14.92 or $17.76 each holiday sale. Or sometimes they offer a 20% deal on a single item and I might go for that, as I just buy a really expensive kit that has ton of ingredients and then use them for Frankenbrews. IE only if it really saves money.

I'd rather buy from MoreBeer otherwise, as they always have free shipping for $59 (not for 50# sacks of grain though).
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

teutonic terror wrote:
Beer-lord wrote:That's a great deal. I pay $49 locally for Rahr, Briess or Great Mountain but how do you get it so cheap with shipping? Last time I looked at Morebeer they wanted $30 to ship to me.

The grain is only 39.99 and they are only charging me 13.75 for shipping...
it may be due to the fact I'm only a couple of states away? I dunno....
My LHBS told me they couldn't match the price....
I decided to see what Morebeer would charge me now and it's $19.50 to ship. But, the 55lb bag is a bit cheaper so it's closer than I thought but even paying tax and buying locally I still save a few $$$.

Do they box the sack or ship it as is? I worry about those FedEx guys handling the loose sack and have visions of coming home to find birds eating my grain. :lol:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
teutonic terror
Brew Master
Brew Master

They box and add packing material to balance it all out!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

What I love about this place (the Borg). I was just posting a little sale that I took advantage of, and learned about Bulk 2 row at Morebeer and some good deals at Farmhouse. I usually go to my LHBS, but get things from Midwest and Williams too that they don't always have on hand when I go there.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison