New to brewing

Recipes based on BrewDemon Extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: New to brewing

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Definitely a thermometer. I overheated the yeast on my first few batches, but hey we drank the beer anyway. Hydrometers are inexpensive to buy. It's fun to see just how much alcohol your beer has before you drink it. Also get yourself a brewing notebook. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to remember prior brewdays, with the help of some good brewing notes.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: New to brewing

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Welcome to the Borg! These guys got you covered, only thing I can add is follow the direction right up to the fermentation section, ferment for three weeks and let the yeast do its job. As you get more comfortable in the brewing process you can use your hydrometer to judge when fermentation is done, 3 days in a row of the same reading will tell you it is stable enough to be bottled.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013