New Brewer

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: New Brewer

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Welcome to a great group of brewers!
:welcome: :cheers:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
Hayzer
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Re: New Brewer

Post by Hayzer »

Ricklust wrote:I hear ya FedoraDave.....I've been checking on the baby for 3 days now and don't think she's gonna burp. Must be passing the gas somewhere else :(
Welcome. I am new too. I received my Brewdemon kit for Christmas, but it had some kind of piss, I mean Pilsner in it. While that has already been bottled, I started a Wheat in the fermentor the day of bottling. As soon as that wheat is done I am popping in another wheat. One after the other, taking advantages of the winter weather. Then enjoying the fruits of my labor through out the warmer months.

There are lots of great brewers on here willing to offer up answers for whatever brewing questions you might have. Don't be shy.

As far as the burping and passing gas, I love to get my nose close to the airlock and lightly push down on the lid. What a great smell!
Bent Knee Brewery - Brewed near the Poosey