The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by berryman »

I got things cooking today, a 6 lb chicken brined all night, and topped with garlic and herbs stuffed with cut up apple, pork butt steaks with rub and covered in bacon and a injected ham with Hawaiian (a lot of pineapple ) dressing. I'm helping my neighbor cut some wood but going to have some good eating in a while
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Sounds appetizing! We had a chicken grilled last night. Fresh from the yard, a little rub, let it set for an hour and on the grill she went. The last 20 minutes I threw some applewood shavings in there for a real faint and shallow smoke. MMMMMM
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
truckndad
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by truckndad »

I've forgotten how much effort goes into bottling 50 bottles of beer. I've spoiled myself with all the kegging. It's been so long since I bottled I had to really thing about the process a bit.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

truckndad wrote:I've forgotten how much effort goes into bottling 50 bottles of beer. I've spoiled myself with all the kegging. It's been so long since I bottled I had to really thing about the process a bit.

Howdy stranger! I agree with ya, since kegging, I've about tossed out all my bottles. I find it such a chore to clean, sanitize, bottle and store.
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

I was amused yesterday when I had a neighbor ask me what the heck I was doing in the driveway. I had my beer rig set up and was doing my wet run. I had to explain that I make beer and although I enjoyed Breaking Bad also I am not in the Meth business.

I love all the looks I get from passing vehicles on the street!

On another note, I was trying to get my stand level yesterday and went to lowes for a few parts to build a ramp. Ended up with a thick piece of plywood (3/4") and some rubber door stops to raise the back side of it. While there I asked a guy for some advise since I wasn't very handy and have very few tools right now. He is also a home brewer and we put our heads together for this simple set up. I will give it a try for now. Not sure how much I like it though as it isn't as sturdy as I was hoping for. Will probably buy some other support pieces to screw on to it to make it stronger for when the kegs are full but for now it did the trick.
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

FrozenInTime wrote:
truckndad wrote:I've forgotten how much effort goes into bottling 50 bottles of beer. I've spoiled myself with all the kegging. It's been so long since I bottled I had to really thing about the process a bit.

Howdy stranger! I agree with ya, since kegging, I've about tossed out all my bottles. I find it such a chore to clean, sanitize, bottle and store.
My buddy up North wants me to bring him some beer when I go back home. I told him he better find a small kegerator to dispense it because I am not in the bottle business anymore! :)
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

I've been trying to bottle about a case from the keg after its carbonated, this way I have a stash when the keg kicks, or 12-18 when I'm taking something to an event and I know there won't be any left. It gets me a keg for the next batch that so far has been falling just right.
:clink:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

My brew day this weekend may be in jeopardy!! DAMN YOU MOTHER NATURE!! You better get your crap together and go around me! :x
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

truckndad
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by truckndad »

I'm not much of a Stout drinker though. Kegging that would be a wasted keg for quite a while. I really should've only made three gallons instead of five though. Less bottling time.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

truckndad wrote:I'm not much of a Stout drinker though. Kegging that would be a wasted keg for quite a while. I really should've only made three gallons instead of five though. Less bottling time.
I'll pm u my addy to help you out with your problem. Always happy to help a bro!
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Hey Pakerduff... BOOM!
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

YEA! Go Seattle!
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Its getting real now!! Weather seems to have sped up. Rain tonight in to saturday with Saturday being about 90 degrees. Than Sunday, partly cloudy with high around 80. Perfect weather for making a beer!

And perfect ingrediants!
Kings Porter Ingrediants.JPG
Kings Porter Ingrediants.JPG (175.25 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Couldnt get the recipe to print on the new printer so I brought the borg out to brew with me! :)
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Nothing ever goes smooth. Couldn't find my digital thermometer so had to use dial which is reading way under mash temp. Added some more water at 190 degrees which didn't effect it much. Hoping the thermometer is just screwed and ill just play it by ear. Need to go purchase a new digital thermometer.
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged