What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by mashani »

Brewed the other half batch of the Levitation grain bill beer, but with N1/69 south African hops as the hops. They intrawebs say they have lots of pineapple, citrus, melon and some juicy fruit and kool-aid flavors. I hope what they call juicy fruit/kool-aid is not the same thing as the jolly rancher flavor of the El Dorado, which I'm not so keen on.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Kegged 15 gallons today. 5 gallons German Hefeweizen, 5 gallon Blonde Ale and 5 gallons of Irish Porter. Got lazy, or tired afterwards, will wash the yeasties tomorrow. Sometime this week I'm going to refill the 3 carboys, not going to let the pipeline get low like it did recently. Might do up a Munich H.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Bottled 5 gallons of Frutti's Wheat, Keep Your Stinkin' Paws Off.  One more batch to bottle, then maybe one more to brew and that's it till Fall.  Or not...
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Either this weekend or next I am planning a brew that uses Carafa II, C80, Pale Malt and Roasted Barley (WHAT?!?!?) - details to come...
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Kealia wrote:Either this weekend or next I am planning a brew that uses Carafa II, C80, Pale Malt and Roasted Barley (WHAT?!?!?) - details to come...
Don't let him fool you folks, this won't be a dark beer. I bet his recipe only uses 6 grains of Carafa II, 9 grains of C80, and only 3 grains of Roasted Barley. The rest will be the Pale Malt. :muahaha:
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Oh, it's on now! :fencing:

But damn, that was funny as hell.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Inquiring minds want to know!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Kealia wrote:Either this weekend or next I am planning a brew that uses Carafa II, C80, Pale Malt and Roasted Barley (WHAT?!?!?) - details to come...
I highlighted two key words. Hell, I'm planning a lot of brews myself. Some I might actually brew. :p
Heck, Scottish Ales could have that grain bill.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

BlackDuck wrote:
Don't let him fool you folks, this won't be a dark beer. I bet his recipe only uses 6 grains of Carafa II, 9 grains of C80, and only 3 grains of Roasted Barley. The rest will be the Pale Malt. :muahaha:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
Shipwreck Saison
alb
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by alb »

This beer is currently paused. (See what I did there?) After several weeks lagering at 1-2˚C, it will be ready for the bottle and keg.
Fermata beer label.jpg
Fermata beer label.jpg (244.96 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
Proprietress, The Napping Hound Tavern
serving marvelous food and magnificent beers from
Fool's Gold Brewing Co.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I bottled the Mangrove Jack's London Bitter and then brewed a Mangrove Jack's Roasted Stout.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote:I brewed 2.6 gallons (was going to be 5.2 gallons but one of my fermenters exploded) of the same PM Levitation like clone I made and am drinking that had Farmhouse Brewing blend hops, except that I used U1/108 experimental South African hops as all the hops. I know what the grain bill tastes like and love it, so I will likely use it as a single hop experiment base quite often, especially with fruity hops.

These hops have been described as having strong tropical fruit flavors with citrus, guava, lychee, lemongrass, mango, stone fruit, coconut, and butterscotch.
So, I bottled this. One thing that was weird is this turned out a lot lighter in color then it should have. I'm looking at my other fermenter that has the other half of this Levitation PM in it and it doesn't look as light, but who knows. I have no idea what I did, maybe I used the wrong kind of crystal somewhere.

Anyways, it tasted good, it does have some kind of slight flavor in the background that I'd describe more as coconut then butterscotch, but it's not really either, but I don't know how to describe it otherwise. But it's primarily tropical fruit and citrus.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Brewed some sort of Nordic Like Ale, details in the New Nordic yeast thread.

Bottled my N1/69 hop version of Levitation like beer. Like the above its way too light in color, so I most certainly messed up something in my mash, used some wrong grain somewhere.

I'm at a loss on how to describe what I tasted property. It smelled floral, like a fruit smoothie spiked with rose water. (I only know what that smells like because of a local tea house that does this, but it's what it reminded me of). It tasted... well... like tropical fruit smell? More then like tropical fruit taste. I don't exactly know how better to describe it then that. And wildflower honey. And coconut water. All these flavors were also "soft", not "in your face".

I really liked it, but it was really not like anything beery I've ever had.

I might put 1oz of these hops in single late addition Saison or Patersbier over the summer. Some spice to go with all that would be really nice.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Yesterday was Big Brew Day so I brewed my Big Fuzzy RIS at my LHBS for the 4th year in a row. It's always been a fun day to gather with people and talk Beer and brewing. A crowd gathers when I hoist my BIAB after the mash as it smells like a coffee shop from all the roasted malts.
Maybe next year I'll remember to take pictures. I get kinda busy brewing. Here's one of us getting set up.

This is what a quart of 3rd generation WLP007 slurry will do to 1.094 wort in 12 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA