What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Gizmo
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by Gizmo »

Later today I'll bottle my Let the Right Stout In (a Left Hand Milk Stout clone). Tomorrow I'm ready to brew October Can't Come Fest Enough, an Oktoberfest/Marzen which will be my first take at using my new full grain set up, and ditching the BIAB.
Fermenting: Dad's Lemonade (Pale Ale)
Conditioning/Drinking: Paths of Nutty(Brown), spALTered Time (German Altbier)
On Deck: Return of the Imperial (Imperial Stout)
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Tart Cherry Dubbel, more details in New Nordic Yeast thread.
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I brewed my first ever Belgian Strong Ale [Quad] this weekend. I am babysitting it now as the WLP530 continues to tear through the fermenting wort. This morning as I opened the chest freezer lid to check its progress I was greeted to the aroma of alcohol and Co2. Its the first big beer I brewed in almost 2.5 years and obviously, judging by the overflow of yeast and beer, I'll have to remember to use a blowoff tube.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by berryman »

Not brewing today but did a starter for a fat tire clone and think I might bottle tomorrow and brew Thursday, will see what happens
Edit: I used some older wheat LME because I thought I had some DME but not, Wyeast 1214 - 1.042 1 L Starter on the stir plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
dbrowning
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by dbrowning »

Bottled my first lager in almost a year
Seems like a waste of time
3 - 4 weeks at room temp to carb
Then Hide it away in a cooler to lager for 4 - 6 months
Got a 5 gallon Lager to keg this week
And a 5 Gallon Bourbon Barrel Porter that will age until Thanksgiving
Not sure what made me want to do 2 lagers out of the blue
But I'm kinda thinking about a hoppy Pilsner in the next week or so
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I bottled NB's 5G Grapefruit Pulpin' Extract Recipe Kit Saturday. Wow, what a lot of grapefruit peel. I dry hopped and added the steeped in vodka grapefruit peel (2oz of it) a few days earlier as suggested and thought that the grapefruit peel would end up down in the trub or at least not still floating around. It was constantly clogging up my bottling wand and hose and probably got some in the bottles too. I got it bottled but I'm sure I lost beer due to having to remove and clean filler & hose constantly. Next time I make this I'll put the peel in a bag and pull it out before bottling.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

Kegged my Belgian IPA and brewing a hefe today. It's been too long since I made this beer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Brewed up a Milk Stout today. I rarely do a stout but the recipe sounded good. Will tap this coming winter.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Gizmo
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Gizmo »

Doing a double brew day today, along with smoking a brisket, and probably will toke on the pipe at some point too. Boiling right now is my Who Dey (Think Gonna Drink This Beer?) Pale Ale, ready for the NFL season to kick off. Also take 2 of my Oktober Can't Come Fest Enough, which finished at only 55% efficiency a couple weeks ago, and when I went to bottle it, the taste was sour with some white floaters, so I'm assuming infection. Here's to better luck today.
Fermenting: Dad's Lemonade (Pale Ale)
Conditioning/Drinking: Paths of Nutty(Brown), spALTered Time (German Altbier)
On Deck: Return of the Imperial (Imperial Stout)
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Brewed 11 g batch Sunday of a simple blond wort for LMHBA's July meetings YeastFest. My contribution is split batch of WLP029 and WLP810.
:cheers:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I'm mashing up the grains I need as a PM base to make either a Karmalite Tripel like beer, or a couple of Patersbiers based on the grain bill, except half strength.

So that would be

2# Pilsner
1# Malted Oats
1# Malted Wheat
2/3# Flaked Barley
2/3# Flaked Oats
2/3# Flaked Wheat

I'm going to boil it, split it into containers, and then keep fighting with myself if I want to just go for the full on 1.080 beer, or do a couple of 1.04ish beers with it.

Either way in the first (maybe only) batch I will use the New Nordic yeast. If I split it I might freeze the second half and use it with the WLP564 Leewenhoek Saison Blend that is supposed to show up at my door soon.

I'm kind of afraid of a 1.080 beer with the attenuation levels I'm getting from the New Nordic yeast, considering that ~2# of sugar would go into that beer, it would end up stupidly high ABV.

So I am drifting towards the Patersbier way. But if you want to argue with me and make my brain hurt, go ahead LOL.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

So I apparently did something wrong or got crazy high efficiency or both, as I ended up with 3 gallons of 1.06 wort from the above. I did add a bit of amylase to the mash since it has so much adjunct in it. I did stir the mash a lot. I did also sparge it. I guess between all that it dialed it up to 11. Maybe what I thought was a 2# bag of pilsner was actually 3#... (I didn't weight it, I trusted what I wrote on it...). I dunno...

Since I was so tired and had to get up early I decided to no-chill it overnight, which means I toss the pot in my oven with lid on it, which is the most "sterile" place in my house and just walk away. So I threw a little bit of 17% AA leftover Southern Star hops as a "pre-bittering" addition, which should have given me around 30-35 IBUs at this volume and helps prevent any random bugs from doing anything while it nochills.

I ended up filling 4 containers with the results, they are all in my fridge, I decided that I'm going to split it for sure since it's stronger then I intended, so I will move 2 of them to the freezer later.

So just to give an idea of how I deal with this for future calculations, I would consider 1/2 of this mashed stuff in a 5.5 gallon batch to give me a starting gravity of 1.015 or so and a starting IBU level of 10 or so, and then would build my future recipe around that. Or 1/4 of this stuff to be a starting gravity of around 1.008 or so, and a starting IBUs of 4 or so.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

So I brewed a Patersbier using half that stuff above. Details in New Nordic yeast thread.
dbrowning
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by dbrowning »

WOW I am so far behind
Brewed a 6 gallon ESB this morning and realized Ive got
5 Gallon Lager ready to keg (And Lager at least a couple of months)
6 Gallon Bourbon Barrel Porter ready to bottle (and condition until November)
5.5 Gallon Saison that's needs to cold crash and keg
5 Gallon IPA ready for keg
And a "Caribou Slobber" brown ale ready for Keg or bottles ... haven't decided yet but will probably bottle since I want to let it age a little while
Tomorrow will be busy
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Wow. That's impressive, sounds like you've got some work(?) to do.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews