What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by RickBeer »

Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red, completing all "in-process" brews.  Right now, nothing planned till September, but that may change.  
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
Gizmo
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Gizmo »

My Hopwork Orange IPA is halfway through the mash now. First homebrew in over 3 years, feels nice to fire up some new toys and smell that wort.
Fermenting: Dad's Lemonade (Pale Ale)
Conditioning/Drinking: Paths of Nutty(Brown), spALTered Time (German Altbier)
On Deck: Return of the Imperial (Imperial Stout)
natural320
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by natural320 »

brewed a 5.5% abv strong APA or easy IPA (drinker's choice of descriptor!) that was a base of pils malt, with some wheat, munich, and a dash of c-60 to add some color, body and depth. bittered with apollo, hit it with amarillo and cascade late, and it has been fermenting with wyeast 1469 (west yorkshire) about 10 days now. I chose that yeast because I wanted to try something new, and it is supposed to flocc hard and leave some body and give off some stone fruit esters. I dry hopped this 4 gallon batch 2 days ago with a blend of Citra (3/4 oz), Amarillo (3/4 oz), Cascade (1/2 oz), and a dash of Apollo too.
just dropped my new-to-me ferm chamber (upright freezer) to 34 to cold crash until tonight, at which point I will add some gelatine and let everything sit at least a day, probably 2 in order for this bad boy to drop clear.
then I am packing in many different ways. going to fill 2 2L soda bottles and hit them with a carb cap. these are going with me to NY for a wedding next week. doing 1 bomber for a friend, and the rest will go in my mini keg to serve on draft at home.
Little Bastards Brewing Project - "evolution of an obsession"
Drinkin': Southern Sunset, Stupid Easy Cider, Dunkleweizen, Wedding IPA (congrats bro!)
kegged and waiting: Yella beer (Bavarian lager)
up next: another Hefe, Counselor Williams Brown Ale, a string of lagers
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I love West Yorkshire, but you might not notice the esters as much with those hops. It works great in an all EKG English pale, or fuggles bittered/ekg finished one though, especially with a smidgen of something like C120. You do need to get the fermentation temps up into the warmer side of its range sometime during fermentation to get the full ester profile.
Gizmo
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Gizmo »

Had a planned brew day today, but had moved it up to Wednesday. Thought I was waiting on lactose, but that arrived earlier than expected. So with new found non-brew day plus unexpected lactose that equaled brew day back on! My Let the Right Stout In is currently boiling right now. This is a clone of Left Hand's Milk Stout, hoping it's close to the original, which is one of my favorite beers. This is also what is planned to be my final Brew in a Bag homebrew, as I expect all my equipment to arrive before my next planned brew day in early June (gotta wait for the fermenters and more bottles to become available now!). Will be nice to have 5 gallons of beer ready to bottle at the end of the month!
Fermenting: Dad's Lemonade (Pale Ale)
Conditioning/Drinking: Paths of Nutty(Brown), spALTered Time (German Altbier)
On Deck: Return of the Imperial (Imperial Stout)
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I bottled a Bastard Stepson Root Beer from Northern Brewer today. It's a clone of the adult Root Beers that's been pretty popular for awhile. It smelled great so I had to take a taste while I was bottling..Mmm, pretty close to the "Not Your Daddy's RootBeer" that we bought a while back. :)
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
alb
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by alb »

TonyKZ1 wrote:I bottled a Bastard Stepson Root Beer from Northern Brewer today. It's a clone of the adult Root Beers that's been pretty popular for awhile. It smelled great so I had to take a taste while I was bottling..Mmm, pretty close to the "Not Your Daddy's RootBeer" that we bought a while back. :)
I've been wondering how that was. I'd like to make a batch for summer.
Proprietress, The Napping Hound Tavern
serving marvelous food and magnificent beers from
Fool's Gold Brewing Co.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Yeah, we're looking forward to "popping a top" on a few bottles and trying that batch out. I've had a few requests for it, so thought I'd try making it. I also brewed a Grapefruit Pulpin IPA, a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Northern Brewer today. Lots of hops in this one, sure made the kitchen smell good, at least to me.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Cool, thanks Tony! I'm going to look into this. :clink:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Moved my yearly Big Brew Day RIS to secondary. Brewed 5-6-17 SG 1.094, secondary 5-14-17 reading 1.020 so it's at 10% and don't suspect it to drop much further. The past two years it's finished high and sweet around 1.030-35. So I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Kegged a batch and brewed another, both based on brew demon wheat. Pitched on the trub (I don't often do that).
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I'm gonna brew my Saison D'etre this morning. We've had a bit of a heat wave the past couple days, so I'm hoping there will be enough of a high ambient temperature in the beer closet. High 70s - mid 80s would be ideal.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
FedoraDave's American Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Ladybug Lager -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch -- Moon Shot Double IPA -- 2Daves Irish Red Ale
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I bottled my Mangrove Jack's Roasted Stout 6G recipe. I guess I'm going to have to cut back on my brewing as the temps are rising and I can only fit one 5-6G fermenter at a time, in my ice cooled Cool Brewing fermentation cooler.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Bottled my "New Nordic Ale". More details in that thread.
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

First day of summer break! Getting my brew on with a hoppy Belgian. It's a Gumballheadish clone with WLP550. Adjusting water for the first time (yellow dry profile. from Bru'n Water). Also took some inspiration from you all and subbed about half the hops with Simcoe.

Hooray for summer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk