What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by mashani »

LouieMacGoo wrote:Wm. Younger No. 1 Scotch Strong Ale. This one turned out great and I decided it was time to get this one back in the pipeline. :fillup
I'm really looking forward to getting this one done tomorrow. :jumpy:
Yum, Yeah, I brew a Burton ale quite like that every so often, but I tend to do it with 100% Goldings. Anywhere from 8-12oz of the stuff in a beer like that. It is awesome stuff.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I made a very easy 2.6 gallon APA with 6oz 20L, 3# MoreBeer Extra Light, 1oz Centennial, and 1oz Cascade, all late addition + lid on flame out hopstand + Nottingham.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Since I have off today, I decided to make Friday my brew day, rather than Sunday, since I'll probably have to work Sunday.

I bottled a batch of Maltsperiment/Pilsner this morning, and I'm currently brewing a batch of Bit O'Bitter to keep that carboy in the rotation.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
South Ferry Steam Beer
Fermenting/Conditioning
Rye-Guy IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

No brewing or bottling today...BUT I racked my Apple Ale into a secondary on top of 1 gal. of apple cider and a cinnamon stick.... and started a starter for a Cologne Kolsch...........Enough for one days beer work :clink:
Plan on brewing the Kolsch sometime Sunday................
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I will be bottling a CH Evans Kick Ass Brown Ale clone, and kegging my first attempt at a Sculpin Pineapple IPA (my clone is a Pale Ale version) this weekend. Dong a taste test, using SNPA, seemed that adding 1 teaspoon full of Dole pineapple juice per 12 ounce bottle is just about right. The real test will come when kegging the actual Pale Ale onto the pineapple juice.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

I have a big beer on the brain for the 1st batch of 2017. If I can get things together Ill shoot for brewing on Monday. A big beer to bottle condition in bombers. Im thinking an Imperial Porter. On the verge of an Imperial Stout but with more Chocolate, Coffee and Caramel character rather than roast. I guess ill be starting a new thread for it.
Brew Strong My Friends...
gotpwr6

Post by gotpwr6 »

My Golden Ale will get cold crashed and bottled this weekend and as soon as I get my BD cleaned I will put together the Red Ale LME I just got today :fillup
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Finally got a brewday in! Between me being under the weather since New Years Eve and the weather itself, I couldn't pass up a 60 degree sunny day in January in Cleveland 11 gallons of North Port Pils waiting for the yeast to start the party! Still supposed to be nice tomorrow might even brew again.
:cheers:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I'm mashing up some stuff I'm going to boil, chill, split into multiple container, freeze, and use in multiple beers. It consists of 3# Maris Otter, 1# Cara-45, 4oz Honey Malt, and 2oz of Roasted Barley.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I took some of the above, mixed it with some MoreBeer Pils, and threw in Amarillo and Mosiac. Used S-189 Swiss Lager yeast. So it will be something like an "India Red Lager" as such.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Saturday afternoon I bottled a Midwest Supplies Simply Beer - Brown Ale and an Simply Beer - Oatmeal Stout, both 5G recipes. Each bottled into 12 12oz and 12 1 Liter bottles.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Working on a pre-brew today. Crushing the grains, gathering the hops/yeast, etc. for a batch of Honey Rye Cream Ale batch. Can't brew it up tomorrow as I will be staring down an 8" hole in the ice hoping to catch more perch and walleye. Hope to get it brewed up on wens or thurs, sure would hate to run out of this nectar of the gods.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Yesterday, I brewed my Simply Simarillo Session IPA. This recipe originated from Beer-lord, and I adjusted it to make a session out of it. The last time I brewed it, I had to change some of the hops to include Citra. So, since it's changed a bit from the original recipe, I'm also renaming it. It is now called Stink EyePA. In honor of my 7 month old daughter who is really good at giving people the stink eye!!!
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Just finished brewing a Cologne Kolsch today and cleaning up stuff now. It came out a little lower OG then I had planned but will be ok. Have done this one before. Wyeast 2565 with a one L starter.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

I brewed an Imperial Porter today. 1.080 OG. Played around with my pump, temp controller and heat exchanger and did a recirculating mash. Came up a bit low on gravity, but that happens with big beers. Pitched some Notty.
Brew Strong My Friends...