I deserve a homebrew because....

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: I deserve a homebrew because....

Post by Kealia »

I know the kind of work you mean. Tonight will be better!
Frosty
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Frosty »

I deserve a homebrew because the wife and I just raked the giant mounds of dirt in our front yard, reseeded and fertilized it. The dirt was from where we had an SUV-sized hole covered back up after a sewer F up we had before winter hit.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Then she deserves one too Frosty!!!
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Frosty
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Frosty »

She had a swig of my IPA, said it tasted like hair perm, then passed it back to me haha..
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Beer-lord wrote:It's not usually suggested you get it before 55 or 60 but I don't know why. And, unless it gets worse, I really don't feel too bad. Minor discomfort but everyone is affected differently and I obviously got a milder version (so far) and caught it early enough.
I'm still gonna have a beer tonite but it'll be a low gravity one for sure.
From CDC site:

Even if you have had shingles, you can still receive shingles vaccine to help prevent future occurrences of the disease. There is no specific length of time you must wait after having shingles before receiving shingles vaccine, but generally you should make sure the shingles rash has disappeared before getting vaccinated. The decision on when to get vaccinated should be made with your healthcare provider.
Shingles vaccine is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for people aged 50 years and older. However, CDC does not have a recommendation for routine use of shingles vaccine in people 50 through 59 years old. Protection from shingles vaccine lasts about 5 years, so adults vaccinated before they are 60 years old might not be protected later in life when the risk for shingles and its complications are greatest. Adults 50 through 59 years who have questions about shingles vaccine should discuss the risks and benefits with a healthcare provider.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I deserve a homebrew today because I'm brewing.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

...today I sold some milling tools that have been for sale for 2 years. Guy hemmed and hawed. $200. Booyah!
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
dbrowning
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by dbrowning »

Dawg LB Steve wrote:Thanks guys it has been a tough couple weeks for sure.
:clink:
Been there 2 many times in the last 3 years
Feel for you brother
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

I need a homebrew for a couple of reasons:
1) I am out of homebrew
2) I have been banking money for the brewpub on the stock market and am sick of looking at numbers. ( am within $17000) before I am ready to pull the trigger. So a couple more months of crunching numbers and I should be ready to go.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition getting nailed by a Lacrosse ball when going 26mph on a bike.
Jon
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Jon »

mashani wrote:Because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition getting nailed by a Lacrosse ball when going 26mph on a bike.
OUCH! Lacrosse balls are painful enough, but to bike into one at speed (also, congrats for hitting 26mph on a bike, that's fast!) would be effing awful.

I deserve a homebrew because I'm all out of homebrew (which is actually a blessing...the first brew I made in this place was TERRIBLE), and man...I miss drinking my own beer.

I did just brew a partial mash Mr. Beer batch, but I'm itching to get my grainfather up and running and back to doing 5-6 gallon ag batches for kegging!
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

mashani wrote:Because nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition getting nailed by a Lacrosse ball when going 26mph on a bike.
Unless your cycling on a Lacrosse field. :p Hope nothing serious, details please.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
Shipwreck Saison
brewnewb
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by brewnewb »

I deserve a homebrew because after screwing up my keg rotation all of Feb and Mar, I finally have 3 full kegs that are carbed and ready to go for tonights hockey game!

YAY ME! :beer:
Thirsting For Knowledge
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Inkleg wrote:
Unless your cycling on a Lacrosse field. :p Hope nothing serious, details please.
Jon wrote: OUCH! Lacrosse balls are painful enough, but to bike into one at speed (also, congrats for hitting 26mph on a bike, that's fast!) would be effing awful.
@John, I can go a good bit faster then that for short periods of time of flats or the downhill side of false flats (or if truly going downhill of course), but it just depends on where and what I'm doing. A "normal" ride for me averages around 16-18mph speeds, with some fast sprints mixed in. If I'm rested and really want to, I can do 20-22mph average speeds, with ~30mph sprints. This is on a lightweight road racing bike of course, not a heavy mountain bike.

@Inkleg, I was just spinning on the downhill side of a false flat on the road past a local private boys school (kids with rich parents). Some kid was practicing throwing balls up against a fence. Except he chucked one of them over the fence. And his lack of aim was impeccable. Hit me in the ribs, so it was a glancing blow and my own speed wasn't really a factor in the impact. Luckily I saw it coming so I didn't get startled and wreck, but I couldn't really slam on my breaks or swerve to avoid it because there was a car too close for comfort and I wasn't sure how they would react of if they were going to be dumb and speed up suddenly to pass me. It still is a bit sore, mostly because I already have a bit of Costochronditis that flares up there once in a while. But it isn't anything serious. I'm just glad it didn't go in front of me with my face hitting it at full speed. That would have really sucked.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Downhill sides of false flats are nice! Though when you're riding on an unknown road uphill on one can be a grind. Glad you saw it coming, otherwise, yikes!
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
Shipwreck Saison