I deserve a homebrew because....

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: I deserve a homebrew because....

Post by mashani »

@Inkleg, I more or less live a mile or so from the highest point in my county, so for most routes I go up for about one mile which tends to be slow as my metabolism hasn't gotten into it yet, but then regardless of which way I go from there it's pretty much downhill or a downhill false flat or rollers on the way out on any route I take, but then of course it's uphill on the way in. Either direction if I go about 12 miles without turning around, I'll drop down into a valley, one way has a nice mile long hill to go down and/or climb back up and/or do hill repeats on, the other would take me into downtown if I kept going and survived the ride through the hood, but usually I'll just go down that hill, ride through our college/museum district, and then go back up the hill on a different road. Sometimes I'll have a strong direct tailwind or headwind, and if I'm going downhill on the false flats/hills and the wind is behind me I can be really flying and the rollers almost seem flat even without drafting anyone. My speeds would look really impressive if I only counted the "out" in those cases. But then coming back *really sucks*, mostly uphill and into a 20+mph wind is not fun, and quickly turns mr. speedy into mr. turtle.

What I hate most is when the winds are swirling. A few times a year we get this thing where no matter which direction you go it feels like your going into the wind on my bike. My frame is semi aero, and somehow the swirling winds really mess with it and turn the aero features into a "drag" as such. My frame gets kind of twitchy in strong cross winds too.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I deserve a homebrew because I spent many hours taking my son to watch his friends along with a bunch of kids from a local music school perform "Old School Hip Hop" and "80's Hair Metal", and did not drink anything while I was there.
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

I deserve a homebrew because tomorrow is my last day at my job. I got laid off. So I guess I will go back to being a woodworker and have to work at home again. Bummer :D

I am looking forward to a change, and it looks like I will be starting the process of opening the nano brewery.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

All the best with the nano Whamo!! :clink:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

Thanks ink
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Whamolagan wrote:I deserve a homebrew because tomorrow is my last day at my job. I got laid off. So I guess I will go back to being a woodworker and have to work at home again. Bummer :D

I am looking forward to a change, and it looks like I will be starting the process of opening the nano brewery.
Sorry.
And/or congrats.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Because I turned on my air conditioner airborne Brett C infuser.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Whamolagan wrote:I deserve a homebrew because tomorrow is my last day at my job. I got laid off. So I guess I will go back to being a woodworker and have to work at home again. Bummer :D

Super-cool. Great way to look at unexpected change as opportunity!

IDAHBB: I just cleared a drain clog in my bottom drawer freezer. Which means removing the door, shelves, slides, icemaker, inside rear panel, outside rear panel, wires plugs, vents, thermostat housing while lying on the floor. Melting the ice, reaching inside underneath for a little duck-bill valve, cleaning same, then reversing the entire process. Fun, fun, fun. Somewhere my great grandmother is laughing and remembering an ice box that only required ice.
I think I'll make this one an IPA.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Because the Art of Peace becomes the art of 痛い (itai) - in English that would be "Ouch" - if you do it wrong. At least that's what my ribs are telling me.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Have two then.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Because I already drank a homebrew, then decided to work on my Bo Kata, and it turned into DOH Kata. So now I need another homebrew since alcohol helps prevent blood clots LOL.
alb
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by alb »

Inkleg wrote:All the best with the nano Whamo!! :clink:
Whamo Nano... That has a nice ring to it!
Proprietress, The Napping Hound Tavern
serving marvelous food and magnificent beers from
Fool's Gold Brewing Co.
alb
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by alb »

Because I brewed it! Why shouldn't I drink it? :fillup
Proprietress, The Napping Hound Tavern
serving marvelous food and magnificent beers from
Fool's Gold Brewing Co.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

I am having a very bad day, I think I deserve many beers! Reading these post on a tiny cellphone screen is killing my eyes. Screw it, I'm opening up an old bottle of scotch!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

alb wrote:
Inkleg wrote:All the best with the nano Whamo!! :clink:
Whamo Nano... That has a nice ring to it!
Looks like the brewery got put on the back burner. I had to help my nephew get a lawyer so he can see his son. The mother is a total p.o.s. The kid is 10 and can't read. She took him out of school and is "homeschooling" him, yet she is doing all the work. So I am going to buy some houses and start flipping em. Life huh? and as of this writing I am out of homebrew. I kegged 15 gallons today, but won't be ready til tuesday.