The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: The No Post Post

Post by mashani »

My AC blew up.

Time to brew a Saison.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote:My AC blew up.

Time to brew a Saison.
Yup, It's that time of the year in the north. I'm going to brew a Hef probably Friday, going to pitch around 65 with a good shot of yeast and let it climb to whatever with no temp control. I'm getting mid to high 70's in my basement now. I think it will take 5 gal about 3 days to get to room temp and will probably be in the low 80's while fermenting.....
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Time to brew a Saison.
So with no Brett then huh. :laugh
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Inkleg wrote:

Time to brew a Saison.
So with no Brett then huh. :laugh
Yep, less likely, but you never know.

Meanwhile if you ever consider using chopped up raisins in a beer you should remember that they are dehydrated, and will not stay this way in your beer. So even little bitty chopped up bits of raisins turn into very large spigot assassination entities.

:: auto to siphon mode activated ::
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

356 batches so far, most of them 5 gal cornies.
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Some of you might remember Ken Lee (Kegdogn, I think, but don't quote me on it) from the old board. You might remember Manfish Brews moniker as well. Well... he has gone professional and his beer is on tap for the first time today. Congrats to him... that's pretty cool.
20638315_10214253118630798_9142322535763016310_n.jpg
20638315_10214253118630798_9142322535763016310_n.jpg (55.84 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Ken is, indeed, kedogn on the Mr beer forum.
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

That's really cool. I wish him luck; it's a rough market to crack.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

That's awesome. Hope he does well.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

:cool: ;) :jumpy: :hammer: :borg: :muahaha: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :flag: :idea: :idea: :o :p :D :D :?

Sorry, couldn't help it hee hee
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

OK now that I am retired and once and a while I have extra time, I what to learn the German language. I took French in high school and still can make out some things on it. But I'm going to get a German Shepard and would like to teach commands in German. German is a very more abrupt and a harsher language then English, French or Spanish and I heard talking to my that neighbour that is a K9 cop they
listen and obey it better. I guess I dont need the whole language for this but need the basics. I need to hear the words. anybody know of some good sites to go to?
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

berryman wrote:OK now that I am retired and once and a while I have extra time, I what to learn the German language. I took French in high school and still can make out some things on it. But I'm going to get a German Shepard and would like to teach commands in German. German is a very more abrupt and a harsher language then English, French or Spanish and I heard talking to my that neighbour that is a K9 cop they
listen and obey it better. I guess I dont need the whole language for this but need the basics. I need to hear the words. anybody know of some good sites to go to?
For single words and short phrases, I'd use Google translate.

If you want to learn a language, Duolingo and Memrise are a couple of free apps available on both iPhone and Android.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Dogs do process short words with hard consonants more quickly.

K9 dogs learn commands in German because Schutzhund is generally taught with German commands, and it's stuck in this country too not just because of the hard consonants, but also because normally the person you are sending the dog after doesn't know German so they can't tell the dog to do something else and cause any confusion.

As far as online learning, different people do better with different methods. And some online stuff is better if you want to be able to read it faster, other are better if you want to speak or comprehend basic spoken language faster. Some stuff works almost like a game on your phone (IE the Duolingo mentioned above) which is great for some types (Millennials?) but might annoy the crap out of you, and is really for most people better as a supplement to some actual course work, vs. being the sole thing to use.

So my best suggestion personally would be instead of me recommending anything specific is to just google "learn german" and then sign up for the free trials of various courses you will find and mess around. It doesn't really matter if you look for "learn german" or "learn something else" you'll still find all the same sites I could point you at.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Thanks Brian, if that works on a dog as good as my broken French did in my younger years with chickies, I am good. :) Quelle belle femme and that worked good
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Hey Berryman, one thing I forgot to suggest, is there are web sites and phone apps that hook up native speakers of one language with native speakers of other languages who want to learn each others language. I'm most familiar with Japanese / English ones, but I know that you can do the same for other languages. This becomes very very useful when you want to really learn to converse in the language as you are helping someone refine their English at the same time they are helping you refine you German or whatever.