The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

BlackDuck

Re: The No Post Post

Post by BlackDuck »

Aha...supplier of premium quality beers I see. Sure they are.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Wow is it hot outside today. It's 92 with a heat index of 108. 63% humidity. Its just terrible outside.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

BlackDuck wrote:Wow is it hot outside today. It's 92 with a heat index of 108. 63% humidity. Its just terrible outside.

Is it just me or do other people read the word Terrible in charles barkleys voice and announce it Turibal. :whistle:
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

No...it's not just you. I actually thought that to myself as I was typing it, but couldn't decide on the correct spelling. That is so funny you bring that up.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

It's been a bad week here for breakdowns....My old 37" antique huge monster TV took a crap. We've had it for a really long time, way before flat screens. I carried it in when new but now can't hardly move it, wish I could get my skidsteer into the house. That was our living room TV, I have a 43" modern flat screen in our bedroom and guess it's time to up-grade the main TV and go big......BUT the real problem is my Beer fridge in my basement is not working very well. For a while it started to freeze my beer making water at the normal setting, then everything got warm, things in the freezer part started to thaw out. I cleaned the coils but now the best it will do is 43 in the fridge and 25 in the freezer. Guess What comes before a new TV?
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

Hey berry, I have a dorm fridge that does the same thing, put a temperature regulator on it and that will solve the problem.
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

berryman wrote:It's been a bad week here for breakdowns....My old 37" antique huge monster TV took a crap. We've had it for a really long time, way before flat screens. I carried it in when new but now can't hardly move it, wish I could get my skidsteer into the house. That was our living room TV, I have a 43" modern flat screen in our bedroom and guess it's time to up-grade the main TV and go big......BUT the real problem is my Beer fridge in my basement is not working very well. For a while it started to freeze my beer making water at the normal setting, then everything got warm, things in the freezer part started to thaw out. I cleaned the coils but now the best it will do is 43 in the fridge and 25 in the freezer. Guess What comes before a new TV?

Is the fan outside the fridge (by the compressor) still working?
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

jimjohson wrote: Is the fan outside the fridge (by the compressor) still working?
Good point. I cleaned the fan and it was turning free, but don't know if it is coming on. will check tomorrow
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Well I guess my beer fridge seems to be working ok for now. 34 deg in the fridge and 8 in the freezer. The good news is the wife took all the food out of the freezer part and put it in our big chest freezer and now I have it filled with hops......I think something is wrong with the thermostat, but for now it is working.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Last night I blew the keg of Simply Simarillo Session IPA, three nights ago I blew the keg of Ace of Spades Black IPA. Uh-oh...better start collecting acorns for the winter.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

berryman wrote:Well I guess my beer fridge seems to be working ok for now. 34 deg in the fridge and 8 in the freezer. The good news is the wife took all the food out of the freezer part and put it in our big chest freezer and now I have it filled with hops......I think something is wrong with the thermostat, but for now it is working.
I've found that if you jam up the freezer and block the air flow from the vents it can really throw things off, so we're always careful to leave them clear. Also leave the temp sensor clear.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

I took ownership of a used kegerator recently and I'm replacing many parts on it, from the lines to the faucets. Today my new faucets came in along with new shanks because the old shanks were rusty and crusty and one of them was even too long, as the original one was replaced with the wrong kind.

Today the faucets and shanks came in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I found a bottle (740ML Coopers PET) with no beer in it. It clearly did have beer in it once, and said beer was clearly dried up on the bottom of the box. So like a bottle bomb. Except the bottle is intact. And the cap was on. I squeezed bottle and it resisted my squeezing like a capped bottle. And if I fill it with water it doesn't leak. So, some kind of pinhole that only leaks when pressurized? Underpants Gnomes or um.. Beer Gremlins?
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

mashani wrote:I found a bottle (740ML Coopers PET) with no beer in it. It clearly did have beer in it once, and said beer was clearly dried up on the bottom of the box. So like a bottle bomb. Except the bottle is intact. And the cap was on. I squeezed bottle and it resisted my squeezing like a capped bottle. And if I fill it with water it doesn't leak. So, some kind of pinhole that only leaks when pressurized? Underpants Gnomes or um.. Beer Gremlins?

There could be a weak spot that only leaks when a certain pressure is reached. I'd have thought you would've seen signs of the leak around the spot.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

jimjohson wrote:
mashani wrote:I found a bottle (740ML Coopers PET) with no beer in it. It clearly did have beer in it once, and said beer was clearly dried up on the bottom of the box. So like a bottle bomb. Except the bottle is intact. And the cap was on. I squeezed bottle and it resisted my squeezing like a capped bottle. And if I fill it with water it doesn't leak. So, some kind of pinhole that only leaks when pressurized? Underpants Gnomes or um.. Beer Gremlins?

There could be a weak spot that only leaks when a certain pressure is reached. I'd have thought you would've seen signs of the leak around the spot.
Must be, but I see no evidence of where it came out. The bottle was actually still pressurized when I found it, it just had no beer in it. As in it was still somewhat hard and "hissed" when I opened it, and there was just maybe 1/8" of beery/trub at the bottom with the rest being at the bottom of the box.

I can't get it to leak no matter what I do to it, so I have no clue, but I'm sure not going to use it again.

Never seen anything like it.