The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by berryman »

Ever notice some labels and glue just don't come off the bottles good when recycling? I have a proven way to clean used bottles using oxiclean, hot water and a all night soak and 90% the labels come off them selves and floating, some sometimes might need just a little wipe down and all clean and shiny like new. But not Southern Tier bottles, the glue just wont come off without a lot of scrubbing, so I am done recycling them and will just take them back for my .05. Fat tire and SA bottles clean up easy among many other also, Ommegang not so good either....................... :x
Edit: Goose Island is not good at all on label pealing either but I like the beer.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Shorts are awful too. Not warer-based glue. SA simply float off.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Yep, that's one of the things I like about the Sam Adams bottles, how easy the labels come off. Oh and that my supervisor drinks a lot of them and passes the empties to me for recycling. ;-)
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Anybody else on here a Breaking Bad Fan like me? I watched it for years but missed some and re-watched and now my wife got me the complete series on DVD for Christmas and am now working my way though it all again. Hank the BIL is a DEA agent, he was in a shoot out with a bad drug dealer and has nightmares about it, he is also a home brewer and had bottle bombs go off in the middle of the night and thought he was getting shot at again........ Walt the main character stopped in at a bar and ordered a fat tire on draft and I told my wife when watching it, look at that how nice that Fat tire looks.... Made me really want one right then.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Loved BB! Watched it religiously as I do Saul. They don't make many shows like BB often.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beer-lord wrote:Loved BB! Watched it religiously as I do Saul. They don't make many shows like BB often.
I watch Better call Saul. Waiting for it to come back on. I like Jimmy. just maybe a little slippery :)
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

You BB fans need to brew this beer and tell me if its any good:

https://www.morebeer.com/products/walte ... r-kit.html

Or at least order some of the rock candy:

https://www.morebeer.com/products/blue-rock-candy.html
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I somehow missed breaking bad in its initial run, but started watching better call Saul. Then saw a BB marathon and set the tivo to record it. Binge watched the whole series.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

bpgreen wrote:I somehow missed breaking bad in its initial run, but started watching better call Saul. Then saw a BB marathon and set the tivo to record it. Binge watched the whole series.

Wow you binged the whole series? That's a lot of watching. I watched it from the beginning to the end but missed some in between and then caught the ones I missed. Now that I have the series on DVD and a nice way to watch BTW, I'm doing it again. Way better then waiting a week and Months, I watch a few episodes every few nights when nothing else is on I like to watch. I am up to the plane crash on this time around, it kinda sucks in a way that I know how is going to end, but I like watching it again and pick up on things I missed.................
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

berryman wrote:
bpgreen wrote:I somehow missed breaking bad in its initial run, but started watching better call Saul. Then saw a BB marathon and set the tivo to record it. Binge watched the whole series.

Wow you binged the whole series? That's a lot of watching. I watched it from the beginning to the end but missed some in between and then caught the ones I missed. Now that I have the series on DVD and a nice way to watch BTW, I'm doing it again. Way better then waiting a week and Months, I watch a few episodes every few nights when nothing else is on I like to watch. I am up to the plane crash on this time around, it kinda sucks in a way that I know how is going to end, but I like watching it again and pick up on things I missed.................
That's kind of the way I did it. By binge, I just meant I watched it all in a relatively short time. Basically watched as the episodes came in.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

My wife got me the whole series for Christmas DVD because she knew I liked it. But then AMC did a marathon on it and I DVR'd it too... before I opened my Present , I am re watching on the DVD now and is better
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

berryman wrote:My wife got me the whole series for Christmas DVD because she knew I liked it. But then AMC did a marathon on it and I DVR'd it too... before I opened my Present , I am re watching on the DVD now and is better
I did the AMC thing.

I also somehow missed parks and rec the first time around. Watched it on amazon prone prime until the last season (not on prime) and bit the DVD set for that season.

DVD extras may make it worth the money.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

bpgreen wrote: DVD extras may make it worth the money.
Yes I like the behind the scenes footage and the edited scenes that weren't shown......
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote:You BB fans need to brew this beer and tell me if its any good:

https://www.morebeer.com/products/walte ... r-kit.html

Or at least order some of the rock candy:

https://www.morebeer.com/products/blue-rock-candy.html
Cool......................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDl8ZPm3GrU
............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeLkPEVEF8E
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Couldn't pass up buying this new Yazoo shirt...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...