I've entered another one

News and inform about upcoming competitions or ones that you have entered.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

I've entered another one

Post by FedoraDave »

I guess I've been bitten by the competition bug. I'm not going to go crazy, but after a couple of years of not entering any comps, I'm now in three competitions. The first one is already over, and I didn't get a podium spot, nor have I received the scoresheets yet. The second is next Saturday. I've got plans for that evening, so I won't be able to look up the results until Sunday. Both of those comps are judging South Ferry Steam Beer.

The third one I just registered for. It's Homebrew Alley XII. Five years ago, I entered it as my first competition and won a third place ribbon for Amber's Amber Lager. So Homebrew Alley has a special place in my heart.

For H-A XII, I'm going to brew another batch of Old Smokey Amber Ale. That will be done in the next couple of weeks, so the beer will be good and ready by early February, when the judging takes place. I'm drinking my first batch now. The base recipe is very good on its own. I smoke the grain myself using hickory chips, and I'm very pleased with the result. I know that every batch is going to be different due to vagaries in the smoking process, but I still think I can produce a winning beer on a consistent basis.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Rye-Guy IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Fedorus Magnus Kölsch