John Palmer beer kits

Have a recipe your thinking of submitting to a competition?

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

John Palmer beer kits

Post by Beer-lord »

Birdman is selling John Palmer beer kits. I assume these are available elsewhere though I've not seen them yet (Norther Brewer had one a while back) nor do I have any experience with them as I'm not really a kit guy.
http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/ingredien ... b6e5a50591
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: John Palmer beer kits

Post by mashani »

FWIW, MoreBeer has them, and I think PALMER15 will get you 15% off of them today.

But they are kind of spendy even at 15% off.

My understanding is that they are recipes right out of Brewing Classic Styles, so if you have that book you can probably DIY them yourself a lot cheaper.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Is John Palmer a late addition? Do you put him in at T-60? I'm confused.
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

It always seemed like Palmer doesn't get credit for his recipes or his part in Brewing Classic Styles. From what I have heard talked about on a podcast or two about the book was that Palmer had the original book idea of putting together a "brewing with extract recipe book". He went to Jamil for a few ideas and it turned into what it is, which comes off more like it's Jamil's book with a little help from Palmer. This is why the recipes start out as extract with grain recipes and have all grain options. With that said, it's hard to know which ones are Jamil's recipes and which ones Palmer added himself. I always thought about brewing a recipe out of How To Brew, that book really got me started and felt that would be a way to honor him. There's a basic Brown ale recipe I've had my eye on in How To Brew.
Brew Strong My Friends...
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kits? I have no beer kits for sale.... OH, John Palmer not Don Palmer = (berryman) LOL :) I should look and see if he is related to me, I have read a lot of his stuff and all good stuff..................
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison