Show me Your Labels

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

philm00x

Re: Show me Your Labels

Post by philm00x »

I did always like your logo, Jeff. It's simple and universal since you can just type over it or write on it. I've tried to find someone to design a logo for me based on my avatar pic but haven't had any luck.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Thanks Phil I'll let my wife know you like the label. That's her work not mine. She did it with Microsoft Publisher and we print them on labels I got from Beerlabelman.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

gwcr wrote: I used Avery self adhesive removable labels (and some similar from BLM). They work great, but can be kind of pricey. Here's a few I've done in the past. <snip>
I see you are a GnR fan. I'm suddenly a Jamaica fan.

And I'll plug the labels from BeerLabelMan. Those self adhesive labels he sells (Avery) peel on, stick on. Then peel right off. No soak, no mess.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Here are a few of mine - at least the ones I can easily grab:

(Made for my neighbor's engagement)

I've got a lot more but can't find the links at the moment.
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

Dang, Ron, I love your Dubbel Trouble label. Problem is, I wouldn't know whether to drink it or just sit there staring at it.

:huh: :laugh :lol: :huh: :laugh :lol: :huh: :laugh :lol:
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Oddly enough, you're not the only that has picked that one out as their favorite. Go figure.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

I use glue sticks. No soaking required to remove them. I go around the edge only. When I pour the beer, I peel off the label. When I rinse the bottle with hot water, the glue nearly washes off, my hand and the water get it all of in seconds.

I buy the glue sticks this time of year for $.25 per stick.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
monsteroyd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by monsteroyd »

I use glue sticks too. But since I print on regular paper, the labels smear etc if/when they get wet from condensation etc. I'd love to find something I can print on, glue on with glue sticks, but can resist water better. Or if it had adhesive, it was like the adhesive on the blue paint trim tape. That stuff will stick even when wet but comes right off. anyway here are a couple of mine.

Err, how do I add a picture? And how do I subscribe to this thread?

Monty
Gizmo
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Gizmo »

monsteroyd wrote:I use glue sticks too. But since I print on regular paper, the labels smear etc if/when they get wet from condensation etc. I'd love to find something I can print on, glue on with glue sticks, but can resist water better. Or if it had adhesive, it was like the adhesive on the blue paint trim tape. That stuff will stick even when wet but comes right off. anyway here are a couple of mine.

Err, how do I add a picture? And how do I subscribe to this thread?

Monty
adding a picture requires uploading it to an image hosting site (such as imageshack) and then copying the image URL. Then just paste the URL between the image tags ([image ][/ image] without the spaces).

The subscribe is at the very bottom of each thread page, just keep scrolling down.
Fermenting: Dad's Lemonade (Pale Ale)
Conditioning/Drinking: Paths of Nutty(Brown), spALTered Time (German Altbier)
On Deck: Return of the Imperial (Imperial Stout)
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

You can also upload it as an attachment to a post. Under the Save Draft, Preview and Submit buttons, there is a tab called Upload Attachment. Click on that, then click Choose File. Browse to your file, click Open. Then click Add the file. Click Place Inline to add it anywhere you want in your post.
cool-dog-300x220.jpg
cool-dog-300x220.jpg (23.52 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
Btech117

Post by Btech117 »

These are Awesome labels guys - I got one question though - are these beers you formulated or are they the names of recipes? I would love to be able to make my own brew with just buying ingredient rather than "Kits or Recipes" right now im just labeling the beers i make out of my Mr. Beer kit with a label machine so i know what is what while they condition.
LBK1 American Porter
LBK2 Empty
LBK3 Empty

Cond American Lager

Bottled: American Classic Light / Summer Seasonal
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Both for me. Jamaica Mon, Witty Monk, and Imperial Hefeweizen were all MB based recipes. The GnR was a collaboration brew. The rest were recipes I came up with myself.

Kits and recipes are a great way to get a feel for brewing. Learn at your own pace and progress how you like. Once you get a feel for which grains, hops and yeast apply to a certain style, it is pretty easy to come up with decent recipes on your own.
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

People put labels on beers that they get from Mr. Beer, from Mr. Beer plus mods, from recipes they find elsewhere, from experimenting, from making things up and seeing if it's drinkable... There's no hard and fast criteria.

I print black and white laser labels that contain the name of the brew and things like ABV, brew date, bottle date, then 4, 8 and 12 week dates, along with 2 spots for the refrigeration date (in case I pull them back out to rotate with more seasoned stock). I use very creative names, puts these guys to shame.

For example, when I first brewed my Moosedrool Clone, I called it... Moosedrool Clone I. When I brew it again I will call it... Moosedrool Clone II.

The only one I gave a creative name to was the case I made for my son's birthday where I named it _____'s 26th B'Day Cracked Moon Ale, with the slogan "Our Moon Isn't Blue, It's Cracked".

I get the description from the Mr. Beer site (or from the recipe).

The backdrop is from a skiing mountain picture. I fill in the data from my brewing spreadsheet via Mailmerge with Word.
label example.JPG
label example.JPG (92.97 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

I write on the box or a sticky for the six packs. I'm lazy.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Who was the genius that came up with the idea of putting the labels on a card stock and then hanging them around the neck of the bottle by a string? He deserves a Nobel Prize of some sort.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence