What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

DirtRacer
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by DirtRacer »

Finally getting around to bottling my Dante's Delight Weizenbier which I had added blueberries to.
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from poor judgment.
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

Bottled a Scottish Ale yesterday. I got a higher than expected OG but a higher than expected FG. Oh well. Sample smelled and tasted nice.
Last edited by Ibasterd on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
JohnSant
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by JohnSant »

Just finished bottling 2 LBKs of Summer Ale w/orange rind 1 w/Wyeast ABV 5.7% 1 w/White Labs ABV 5.5 %. Kind of worried about the Wyeast batch it had a blow out and I did wipe up what I could see but the back side of the LBK had dried gunk all over it and when I pulled it out I had "MOLD" growing on it. Sample tasted fine but will remember this for next time (check back side of fermenter).
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

heating the strike water for another 5 gal batch of my Shillelagh Red Irish Ale
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Bottled a case of Trilby Brown Ale this morning, and tomorrow morning, I'll be brewing up a small batch of oatmeal stout, which I'll call Oat Soda, and I'll put a picture of The Dude on the label! :lol:
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Crown Top Pale Ale -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Old Smokey Amber Ale
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

Brewing some "Spring IPA". Hops for days!
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

A little late on this but kegged my Saison and put it on tap. Been there for about a week and it is DELICIOUS!! I will have to make it again soon because this isn't going to last very long!
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I bottled some MB American Porter, hmm tasting it at bottling time, definitely flat and somewhat bitter, hmm.. Also after cleaning up, I brewed up the MB Belgian Spiced Ale that's currently on sale. That sure smelled good.
Tony
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

TonyKZ1 wrote:I bottled some MB American Porter, hmm tasting it at bottling time, definitely flat and somewhat bitter, hmm.. Also after cleaning up, I brewed up the MB Belgian Spiced Ale that's currently on sale. That sure smelled good.
Tony
Tony, it will always be flat at bottling time. After conditioning and carbing up for at least three weeks in the bottle at room temp, it should be good to go (provided you added priming sugar :blink: ). The MB Belgian Spiced Ale was a good one for me.

Cheers
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Ibasterd wrote:
TonyKZ1 wrote:I bottled some MB American Porter, hmm tasting it at bottling time, definitely flat and somewhat bitter, hmm.. Also after cleaning up, I brewed up the MB Belgian Spiced Ale that's currently on sale. That sure smelled good.
Tony
Tony, it will always be flat at bottling time. After conditioning and carbing up for at least three weeks in the bottle at room temp, it should be good to go (provided you added priming sugar :blink: ). The MB Belgian Spiced Ale was a good one for me.

Cheers
Yep, I was tasting to verify that it was flat and not sweet, well that and I wanted to taste it too :fedora: , but since I left in the fermenter for 3 weeks I figured it be fine. Yes, I also added the priming sugar to the bottles, just another part of the process. For my liter bottles I added 2 1/2 tsp of sugar.
Thanks for the reply, I'm hoping this Belgian Ale is pretty good one for me too.
Tony
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

TonyKZ1 wrote: I brewed up the MB Belgian Spiced Ale that's currently on sale. That sure smelled good.
Tony
Tony, is that the Belgian Spiced Christmas Ale? I did 2 batches of it and sneaked an early sample the other day and that's going to be a good beer when aged.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

berryman wrote:
TonyKZ1 wrote: I brewed up the MB Belgian Spiced Ale that's currently on sale. That sure smelled good.
Tony
Tony, is that the Belgian Spiced Christmas Ale? I did 2 batches of it and sneaked an early sample the other day and that's going to be a good beer when aged.
Yep, that's the one. It had a high head of foam (krausen?) on it already today and now it's going back down. Good thing I used the recommended amounts of water instead of adding more as it might have went out the top. The yeast seems pretty active also whenever I shine a flashlight into the keg, more so than my other ones. Do you think it'll need aged or conditioned, longer than the 4 weeks (carbonating/conditioning) that I've been giving my other brews?
Thanks, Tony
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

TonyKZ1 wrote:
berryman wrote:
Tony
Yep, that's the one. It had a high head of foam (krausen?) on it already today and now it's going back down. Good thing I used the recommended amounts of water instead of adding more as it might have went out the top. The yeast seems pretty active also whenever I shine a flashlight into the keg, more so than my other ones. Do you think it'll need aged or conditioned, longer than the 4 weeks (carbonating/conditioning) that I've been giving my other brews?
Thanks, Tony
I doubt it. Every beer is different. Even different batches of the same recipe will be different, as far as amount of krausen, how quickly it takes off, etc. But in the end, if you ferment for 2-3 weeks, and then carb/condition for 3-4 weeks, you're going to have beer. Some beers are better young, and some definitely improve with age, but as a rule of thumb, the three-four rule is king.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Crown Top Pale Ale -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Old Smokey Amber Ale
Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

Another brew Sunday here! Kegged a batch of Double Black IPA, transferred a batch of Viewcrest Malt Liquor to secondary, & now I am brewing a batch of Pale Ale: similar to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Here is a gravity sample of the Malt Liquor, very clear... +/- 1.015 after a month in a fermenter.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427039356.886497.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427039356.886497.jpg (205.9 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Brewing another batch of my Fruit Salad Session IPA.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck