Beer-lord's Red's RyePA

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Beer-lord's Red's RyePA

Post by BigPapaG »

Not too long ago, Paul (Beer-lord) was extremely generous and sent along some gifts.

In front of me is his Red's RyePA!

First impression: Wow, Yum!

Second impression: Repeat first impression!

This is a very good beer! I likey very much!

5.6% but I think Paul might have underestimated just a little :lol: or not... :whistle:

Aroma:
Amarillo all the way, followed by a little citrusy pine and malt. A little sweetness...

Appearance:
Amber Red in color, very clear, with a white head that starts out strong, then receeds and stays on top the whole way through!

Mouthfeel:
Mmmm... Crisp yet medium-full... I get the rye addition on a very good 2-row base. There also seems to be some mid caramel, maybe C40 or C60 in there as well. Very well made!

Flavor:
Well, this is what it's really all about isn't it? And this beer delivers! Well balanced, hoppy up front, followed by some rye character, finishing with more malt and some lingering bitterness! I get some citrus from the Citra, the fruityness of the Amarillo, some dank neh... More of a smooth backdrop of the Simcoe and the overall Chinook character in the hop department, the yeast is clean, I'm guessing US-05 or equivalent... The malts, 2-row, Rye and I think some Caramel/Crystal balance everything out nicely!

Sitting here watching the Bills/Patriots game, I kept reaching for sips of this one... Again and again and again! There are places in my brain that absolutely had to have more RyePA fix! But alas it is now gone and I must suffer through withdrawl! Well done Paul, and THANKS!

:wow:

:cool:
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Beer-lord's Red's RyePA

Post by Inkleg »

:banana:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Beer-lord

Re: Beer-lord's Red's RyePA

Post by Beer-lord »

Thanks, it wasn't what I thought it was but ended up pretty good. No Ruthless Rye but I like what just a bit of rye can do. This one was clean and crisp and I wish I had more.
Glad you enjoyed it.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
rickbray66