What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by mashani »

Beer-lord wrote:it seems like I spent a good portion of my vacay involving beer.
What else would a beer lord do for vacation?
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

mashani wrote:
Beer-lord wrote:it seems like I spent a good portion of my vacay involving beer.
What else would a beer lord do for vacation?
Clean the gutters?
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Nope. Glad you got to enjoy your days off buddy.

Today I kegged my umpteenth rebrew of Fresh Squeezed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Bottled the Roggenbier that melted to the burner of the M&B. All 6 gallons of it. Fruit flies failed in their mission this time. Hurray.

Tasted awesome. Could drink right now if I could force carb it. Gonna be the best Roggenbier I've ever made. But this is the first one that was AG, the rest were all made with rye extract, and although good, didn't taste quite like the real thing. This does.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Kegged 2 beers yesterday. The black lager using Bootleg Biology's lager yeast. This time, being much fresher, it ate up the wort and it did make for a pretty high ABV of 7%! I was expecting 6 but it does taste good.
2nd one was a NEIPA using Bootleg's NEEPA yeast. It smelled awesome in the fermenter with lots of late hops and 2 huge dry hops but I had just a bit of cryo Mosaic and Citra so I keg hopped with 1/2 oz each of that. Hopefully it will be special. I've not been happy with my NEIPA's that I've made so I made a few changes with fingers crossed.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

With any luck I'll be brewing the Simply Simarillo Session IPA again in the next few days.
I'll be tweaking it this time replacing some of the Amarillo/Simcoe dry hop with some Azzaca.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Today was the day. I had the day off work because I had the Simcoe Flu so I used it to brew this. Brew day was nice, easy, and everything ran smoothly. I got better efficiency than normal (1.052 OG on a target of 1.044) and still had some extra volume so I canned it for using as a starter later. I diluted the wort down to about 1.048 to keep it closer to the intended balance and ended up with crystal clear wort going into the fermentor.

About an hour after I finished, my order of Lacto showed up so I can make more Berliner Weiss soon. And the tracking on my Strata hops shows it arriving tonight.

I'm heading out shortly to do some coaching and will be swinging by my favorite bottle shop to pick up some of Lagunitas' Born Yesterday that should be within 7 days of being bottled.

Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

This weekend going to bottle some competition beers, have 6 entries in Son Of Brewzilla. Since I'm leaving for Maui on Tuesday morning and need to have the entries at Fatheads by the 26th, a day and a half after we get back, I figured might as well deliver them Monday since we have a 5am flight and we are staying at a motel across from the airport (easier to get there in 2-3 minutes than a 40 minute ride) and a block away from Fatheads new facility. This is really my first comp brews in nearly a year and a half cause of the multiple hernia and surgery.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Good luck on the competition and have a great time in Hawaii you lucky Dawg!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Brewed 3 gallons of Special Bitter. Cuz I have none in the pipeline.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Making 3 gallons of what I hope will be like Anchor Humming since I love that beer and can't ever find any anymore.

I have not found a clone recipe for it, but I have one for Liberty Ale that is pretty close and I think it's more or less the same grain bill with the Nelson hops, so I'm going with that and we will see.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I kegged my Tangerine Dream after only 13 days but it's done. So, following the BJCP, it may not be a true amber but likely a cross between a pale and amber.
Not much flavor in it so far and I detected no tangerine or any other Experimental Tangerine hop flavors or aromas but this young, it's impossible to tell. It'll condition in the keezer at 36 degrees for at least 2 weeks before the kegerator has room so I'm letting it ride. This was really dumb of me and I know from the get go that if testing a new brewing system, I should have brewed a beer I'm very familiar with to see what I notice.
But since I'm a rebel, I just couldn't do that!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

Man, I haven't been to the Borg in a minute! I finally got around to my Christmas ale today, weeks after originally planned. It'll be ready, though, based on past performance.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I make the first all grain Frankenbier I've done since I got my Mash & Boil to use up little bags of left over stuff.

For 3 gallons it was a mash of 2# Viking Pilsner, 1# Crisp Maris Otter, 1# Viking Golden Ale malt, 1# Viking Pale Ale malt, 4oz C60, and 4oz of Viking Caramel Wheat.

I bittered and flavor/aroma hopped it with Northern Brewer.

I will ferment it with 34/70.

Since it's spooky season and sort of like a California Common, I'm calling it...

"Frankensteam"
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Bottled a very yummy ESB that I could drink right out of the fermenter (@10 days) and be happy with as is.