What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by mashani »

I brewed a 3 gallon batch of "something like Dos Perros" based on a scaled down version of Swenocha's recipe found here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1250&hilit=yazoo+clone

The only thing that will be different is that I don't have London ESB, so I'm either doing it with Nottingham or S-23, I figure it will be a good Mexican Brown like substance either way.
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

mashani wrote:I brewed a 3 gallon batch of "something like Dos Perros" based on a scaled down version of Swenocha's recipe found here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1250&hilit=yazoo+clone

The only thing that will be different is that I don't have London ESB, so I'm either doing it with Nottingham or S-23, I figure it will be a good Mexican Brown like substance either way.
Will be interested to hear how it turns out for you. I've done the recipe with S-04 before, though I normally use the 1968 (as that's what Linus uses). Next time I will be trying out Danstar's London ESB yeast...
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

swenocha wrote:
mashani wrote: Will be interested to hear how it turns out for you. I've done the recipe with S-04 before, though I normally use the 1968 (as that's what Linus uses). Next time I will be trying out Danstar's London ESB yeast...
I've used London ESB many times now and I like it a lot. It has a nice flavor profile. It gets bad reviews due to low attenuation but that's because people don't read the spec sheet. It will not ferment out one of the malt sugars that other yeasts will. So if you want to get the same FG as if you used S-04 or 1968 you should mash a bit lower or increase the proportion of flaked maize in this recipe (or use a bit of some sugar in a British beer to replace some of the malt).
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I'm not sure what to brew next....maybe Levitation again. Or maybe a clone of Lagunitas' Censored Copper Ale. Or maybe my old clone of Firestone Walker's Double Barrel Ale......what to do....what to do.......
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Kealia wrote:I'm not sure what to brew next....maybe Levitation again. Or maybe a clone of Lagunitas' Censored Copper Ale. Or maybe my old clone of Firestone Walker's Double Barrel Ale......what to do....what to do.......
Brew them all!
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Today I Brewed a 1G Orange Golden Ale Extract with steeping grains recipe from Craftabrew.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I bottled my Schwarzbier. It tasted Schwarzbiery. It was actually done fermenting 7 days ago at least, I just haven't gotten around to it until now.
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Not so much brewed but started 2 different 6 gallon wine kits. First is WinExpert Moscato did this one before its a big hit and second WinExpert Island Mist Black Cherry and added half gallon of Cherry Wine base for added flavor and abv. Moscato started 1.072 Cherry 1.076.
:cheers:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Going back in time. Since the pipeline is low, and the wind and temperature outside are both in the thirties, I'm brewing stove top extract. 15 Minute Pale Ale.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I'm making an 3 gallon batch of something like an English Bitter using 4# of pale malt, 4oz each of pale cookie malt, dark Munich malt, and 60L, and 1oz of midnight wheat, and some acid malt for PH adjustment.

Except instead of English hops, I'm using a mixture of 1.25oz of Mandarin Bavaria and 4oz of Macha Green Tea powder, all of it at flameout, and since I'm slow-chilling it in the Mash & Boil overnight, it will end up with the right amount of bitterness and hopefully a little bit of the orange to play against the tea. EKG has a tea like tannin character, so I think this will be a good match and a way to play with the tea before I go full on Green Tea IPA mode and try to use a ton of it in something.

I'm calling it "Biscuits and Tea".

I may dry hop it and "dry tea" it if it doesn't get enough character. Don't know yet. (I don't think I'd actually "dry tea" it, because I think I'd get an infection from that, so I think would steep that in 160 water for a while and then add it if I was to go this way).
teutonic terror
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by teutonic terror »

Kicked two kegs yesterday, so I'm kegging my Sorachi Ace IPA that I brewed on Jan 7...
That'll go straight to the keezer.
I'll also keg the Blonde Bastard 30 minute experimental brew,
throw about 12 hrs of 30 PSI C02 on it, and set it in the corner of my fermentation room
to wait for an opening in the keezer...
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Today I Brewed a Stout. It's one of those Beer. Simply Beer 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipes from Midwest Supplies. Everything you need for the recipe is included and they're affordable too.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

TonyKZ1 wrote:Today I Brewed a Stout. It's one of those Beer. Simply Beer 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipes from Midwest Supplies. Everything you need for the recipe is included and they're affordable too.
Years ago when I got back into brewing, I got an Iris Stout kit from Midwest that was awesome. It took a few weeks to taste good but when it hit its stride, it was great. Since then, I've only made about 6 stouts but none were as good as that one. Tuesday I'm doing an Oatmeal Stout that I'm hoping will be good. Stouts are very forgiving and they're hard to mess up so I think you'll be impressed with it if you give it time.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
docpd
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by docpd »

Brewing a Rye IPA. This is one of my favorites, and is in the regular rotation
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

My standard Rye Pale just kicked recently, I'll brew more soon.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.