ezRecipe Design - The Full Featured Beer Recipe Designer For

Share an all grain or partial grain recipe that you like or want to get feedback from the Borg.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

ezRecipe Design - The Full Featured Beer Recipe Designer For

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

ezRecipe Design is the full-featured beer recipe design tool for Microsoft Excel. After years of development and actual brew day testing, ezRecipe Design v2.01.03 is now available to the public for download and use.

Click Here To Download ezRecipe Design
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Beer-lord

Re: ezRecipe Design - The Full Featured Beer Recipe Designer

Post by Beer-lord »

Very happy for you Vince! I know first hand how much work you've put into this and am thankful for the help you've given me testing it.
Is this the same version as the last one you sent me or has there been more tweaks since then. I see its 2.01.03 which I have but wanted to be sure nothing else was added since you've given it to me.

For everyone else, give this a try. It's definitely created by for homebrewers by a homebrewer from a homebrewer perspective. We all have our way of brewing and may not like to change but it's a sweet, little program!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Thank you for the encouraging words Paul and for all the support you have given me these many, many months! I've made several minor updates to v2.01.03 since you received your latest copy. I will be emailing you your very own personalized copy of ezRecipe Design next week.

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I.AM.NOT.WORTHY!
:10:
:cheers:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I still haven't had a chance to try it out, but it looks really full featured and a good option for anybody who doesn't want to buy BeerSmith.
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

ezRecipe Design is now available for Microsoft Excel on the Mac operating system.

* Requires 32-bit version of Microsoft Excel 2010 or higher and 32 or 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, 8 or 10 with 3GB minimum memory. *

** Requires 64-bit version of Microsoft Excel 2016 or higher and a 64-bit version of Mac OS with 3GB minimum memory. **

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I saw on your page that it exports ml files that can be shared with other ezrecipe users, can it also share beerxml files with beersmith?
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

bpgreen wrote:I saw on your page that it exports ml files that can be shared with other ezrecipe users, can it also share beerxml files with beersmith?
I've been meaning to ping Vince about this but:

BeerSmith 3 seems to be able to IMPORT recipes that are saved FROM ezRecipe pretty well. It's possible there may be some glitches, but what I've tried so far works OK.

But recipes exported FROM BeerSmith 3 do not work when importing into EZRecipe. It complains that the header is invalid every time.

I don't know if Vince can be less stringent in his validation like BeerSmith apparently is. I'd have to look at the source code/macros but I think Vince has them password protected in the sheet and I'm not going to be evil and attempt to crack his baby.
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

ezRecipe uses an extended version of the original BeerXML 1.0 standard which was adopted in 2003. (remember qBrew?) Today the old BeerXML 1.0 standard lacks support for common features of modern beer recipe design software. Development of a more robust BeerXML 2.0 ended in 2016 without ever being formally adopted. So developers are pretty much left to adopt their own custom versions, and therein lies the incompatibility problem.

I don't use Beersmith myself. But if someone helps me locate the Beersmith XML specification, I will add it as an option in an upcoming ezRecipe release. I also ask for your help to send me a few examples of Beersmith XML recipes I can look at, and with testing the XML import/export too.

Click To View ezRecipe BeerXML Example