The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Re: The No Post Post

Post by Beer-lord »

Keeping busy is important. I hope I live long enough that I can retire cuz I can't afford that now. Go out and find something you like or volunteer and share your many knowledge's!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

berryman wrote:I was bored last night, nothing on tv I wanted to watch. I went to the Mr Beer forum and logged in, seen my last time there was 2015. It was fun looking back on the old threads and old members. I joined it Dec 5, 2010 but seen post from quite a few members here from before that. It is nice sometimes to look back in the past, but not wanting to go back to then. I can't find the Mr Beer website, not that I need to buy anything there but just wanted to see what they have now.
I've not been back there since the jackass' banned me for mentioning this forum! I had over 10k posts there, all gone, just for mentioning the Beer Borg. I do wish them ill for their stupidity.
About your other post, yea, it gets boring being retired sometimes. I've worked for a local farmer to break up the monotony of retirement. I'm looking for a part time job once again for the summer, I miss driving trucks. Don't want to work for a farmer again, my knees/back can't take all that bouncing on old tractors. Gets old fishing/working the garden every day, been retird'd 10 years now. Took up pulling a 5th wheel camper around for some entertainment but camping gets old after a bit too. We have around 150 old growth ash & elm trees trees to cut up for firewood this summer but that gets the back to aching pretty bad at times too. Tornado went through a tree claim last year and laid most these down. Going to be a big mess to get into but it will keep me busy a couple days a week. My old Harley runs good, it fills up a day or so a week just going for a ride with no destinations. Hmmm, maybe just ride a couple days a week and forget about a second (? LOL) job.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

berryman wrote:Wife thinks I should get a job. She thinks I should do something besides making and drinking beer. ........So I guess I will look for a job for the summer
Going up to Southern Tier Brewery next week, my son worked there at one time and I know a lot of the workers there and the owner I met also. I can sweep floors, clean the windows, clean the vats, and mow and land scape. Will see how that goes over. :lol:
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Ask them for the beer tasting position!
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

berryman wrote:
berryman wrote:Wife thinks I should get a job. She thinks I should do something besides making and drinking beer. ........So I guess I will look for a job for the summer
Going up to Southern Tier Brewery next week, my son worked there at one time and I know a lot of the workers there and the owner I met also. I can sweep floors, clean the windows, clean the vats, and mow and land scape. Will see how that goes over. :lol:
Sounds like a good place to be … making and drinking beer …
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Picked up the two remaining 1 gallon homebrew refills at Walmart yesterday that I found on clearance. I noticed on another site that Walmart locations all around seem to be putting these on clearance. Both were refills for Pale Ale, so each one had 1.25lb pale DME, perle and cascade hops, ale yeast, and mystery crushed grains (assuming 20L or the like), along with sanitizer and a hop bag for $4.50 each. Surprised that Walmart carried this in the first place, and their placement (by canning supplies and tupperware) was kinda strange (no wonder it never sold), but figured the price was right, and I can def use the DME for starters (and the other ingredients will supplement other brew days). Only mention this to see if this interests others to search it out at their local Wally...
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

FrozenInTime wrote:
berryman wrote:I was bored last night, nothing on tv I wanted to watch. I went to the Mr Beer forum and logged in......
......I do wish them ill for their stupidity......
As do I.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

The_Professor wrote:
FrozenInTime wrote:
berryman wrote:I was bored last night, nothing on tv I wanted to watch. I went to the Mr Beer forum and logged in......
......I do wish them ill for their stupidity......
As do I.
It's funny yet sad. After I posted this, I got hit with a barrage of spam e-mail from them. Went years without hearing squat from them, mention them here and wham.... I'm for sure NOT interested in their sale flyers. May they fold for their bad, awful tasting kits. They must have bots infecting this site, gleaming e-mails for spam.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I have never brewed a beer with the aroma I am getting from a mosaic IPA. If it tastes half as good as it smells, I am in love. A week tomorrow and think will dry hop about Monday, and keg it before the next weekend.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

My most memorable aroma was with Mosaic and Citra though good, the taste was never even close to the aroma.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beer-lord wrote: the taste was never even close to the aroma.
I hope this is. Will see and tell.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

There is a mouse in my house. My cats are to wimpy to murder it. My dog is like "do you know there is a mouse in the house? Do you? Nose poke... nudge... point where it went..." but also will not murder it. It got into a little bag of grain I stuck on a shelf. It's annoying as hell.

I need to borrow some naked cats, if they like to murder mice.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

mashani wrote:I need to borrow some naked cats, if they like to murder mice.
Unfortunately, they don't. But a cue stick in the corner works just fine......
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

mashani wrote:I need to borrow some naked cats, if they like to murder mice.
I’ll loan you Bella. When she’s finished the only thing left will be the squeak.
BlackDuck wrote:Unfortunately, they don't. But a cue stick in the corner works just fine......
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Those two aren’t real cats Chris.

“Mouse ball in the corner pocket.”
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940