The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by Inkleg »

[quote=“Kealia”]I thought Bella only ate souls?[/quote]
She does have that look doesn’t she.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

It's getting real out here....

Sounding like Yazoo may open the new location within the next month or so...
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

swenocha wrote:It's getting real out here....
:wow:
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I kind'a feel bad a chapter is closing. Sold my other farm where I grew up. l lived there for 20 plus years until I got my own a 1/2 mile up the road and part of the same farm. I had to sell it, not the money but don't need it. I really feel bad to let it go. Things change
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I really like this idea of kegging compared to bottling. Way easier (almost to easy) and I really like the end results better, out side of being too easy to drink more beer :). I still have issues though. getting the serving temp. right, the pressure right and other things, but getting close. I think I have drank almost as much homemade since I kegged the first as I did all the time before bottling. Maybe not quite as much but seems like it. Should have taken that giant step a long ago.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

berryman wrote:I really like this idea of kegging compared to bottling. Way easier (almost to easy) and I really like the end results better, out side of being too easy to drink more beer :). I still have issues though. getting the serving temp. right, the pressure right and other things, but getting close. I think I have drank almost as much homemade since I kegged the first as I did all the time before bottling. Maybe not quite as much but seems like it. Should have taken that giant step a long ago.
I think it's kind of funny. People think that having a kegerator translates into drinking more. One of the reasons my mom likes her kegerator is that she can pour half a beer if she wants. I'll drink what I'll drink. Bottle, tap, growler. Doesn't matter.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

bpgreen wrote:
berryman wrote:I really like this idea of kegging compared to bottling. Way easier (almost to easy) and I really like the end results better, out side of being too easy to drink more beer :). I still have issues though. getting the serving temp. right, the pressure right and other things, but getting close. I think I have drank almost as much homemade since I kegged the first as I did all the time before bottling. Maybe not quite as much but seems like it. Should have taken that giant step a long ago.
I think it's kind of funny. People think that having a kegerator translates into drinking more. One of the reasons my mom likes her kegerator is that she can pour half a beer if she wants. I'll drink what I'll drink. Bottle, tap, growler. Doesn't matter.
No I don't drink more beer then I ever did (I can't see how that could happen :) ) and not what I meant. I like the convenience of having cold beer on tap for whenever I want to pour one. Quite often during the day I might just get a 1/2 glass. I try to keep my beers in the low 5's ABV so I can drink more of them.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I'm on the same page as a few of you....I brew mostly low to moderate ABV beers. I like the taste, but I don't need the buzz, I've got two small kids, I don't have time for the effects. So the low ABV stuff allows me to drink a few without any consequences. And I also will pour smaller beers. Some of my most used glasses are the two 10 ounce goblets. And they usually don't even get filled to the 10 ounce line.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Rant alert: I think I am DONE with smart phones. Today my newest Iphone took a crap and I was just getting use to it and liked it. Started with playing Pandora music this morning, then went to make a couple calls and no microphone and no one could hear me, I shut it off a couple times to reboot, now I can just barley see the screen and touch screen not working at all. I cant even shut it off again. I am either going back to a flip phone or just be Amish and not have a phone and go to the neibours to make a call if needed. We don't have a house phone land line anymore.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

berryman wrote:Rant alert: I think I am DONE with smart phones. Today my newest Iphone took a crap and I was just getting use to it and liked it. Started with playing Pandora music this morning, then went to make a couple calls and no microphone and no one could hear me, I shut it off a couple times to reboot, now I can just barley see the screen and touch screen not working at all. I cant even shut it off again. I am either going back to a flip phone or just be Amish and not have a phone and go to the neibours to make a call if needed. We don't have a house phone land line anymore.
How long have you had the phone? It may still be under warranty.

If you've got relatively fast internet, you can get a device to emulate a landline that uses the internet connection for VOIP. One example is ooma. There are others, but I've got an ooma and I can use all my old phones for a couple of dollars a month.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Hope you can get it repaired/replaced under warranty. I'm not a fan of my iphone, androids are much more co-operative app wise. My android would not connect to my blue tooth hearing aids or I would still have one. iphones are too damn.... finicky...
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

bpgreen wrote: How long have you had the phone? It may still be under warranty.
A little over 6 months, I cracked the back while weed wacking a few weeks ago and that's what they will say what happened anyways.
We put the card into my old iphone 5 that I still had and I downloaded my contacts and pitcures from the cloud and I got a phone again although not as nice as my newer one. Going to see if I can get it fixed.
bpgreen wrote: If you've got relatively fast internet, you can get a device to emulate a landline that uses the internet connection for VOIP.
We do have a good internet and I have looked into that, but probably not use it much so will stay with a cell.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

FrozenInTime wrote: I'm not a fan of my iphone, androids are much more co-operative app wise. iphones are too damn.... finicky...
Yes and right, but I do like them and use to them.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Well tomorrow I get the check for my other house from our lawyer, it has been 3 long years since my Mom Passed and we inherited the farm where I grew up. My wife and I had a lot of work to do down there (1/2 mile from my house) but it was closed last Wednesday. I am going to miss my old place and don't need it as I have a farm of my own and really good friends with the young guy that bought it. We still do pigs down there together and drink some beers.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Cool! Now brew up a quick batch and name it The Closer.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!