What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by Kealia »

mashani wrote:If you like the Strata try some Eureka hops sometime. It's similar. Both are awesome with Citra. The Eureka + Citra session IPA I've got in my rotation is one of the best beers I've made this year. It's super juicy but with enough other stuff to keep it interesting.
That's interesting, because what *I* get from Eureka is black cherry/currant. A local brewery makes a single-hopped series and one of my favorites is Eureka.
Maybe I'll see if More Beer has them in stock next time I swing by because now that I think of it, Simcoe + Eureka sounds like it would be a great mix for me.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

The twin is back into brewing after about a year. He's jumped in to kegging too! So, it was a joy to have him take 11 oz of hops from me to me a nice big semi Wookie Jack clone. It's great to get to brew away from home with other equipment. Not that brewing is boring but it's fun to do it elsewhere when it's someone else's beer.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beer-lord wrote: Not that brewing is boring but it's fun to do it elsewhere when it's someone else's beer.
One thing I enjoy is having someone come and brew with me on my system. that is always a goodtime to have them see how it works and get the end results. I know a little diff. with your brother because he already knows how to brew,
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Kealia wrote:
mashani wrote:If you like the Strata try some Eureka hops sometime. It's similar. Both are awesome with Citra. The Eureka + Citra session IPA I've got in my rotation is one of the best beers I've made this year. It's super juicy but with enough other stuff to keep it interesting.
That's interesting, because what *I* get from Eureka is black cherry/currant. A local brewery makes a single-hopped series and one of my favorites is Eureka.
Maybe I'll see if More Beer has them in stock next time I swing by because now that I think of it, Simcoe + Eureka sounds like it would be a great mix for me.
I get the dark fruit (stone fruit / cherry) but also some dank resin like dopey stuff, and all sorts of tropical fruit, but it's hard to judge where the Eurika and Citra fall into that area. Strata is more dank and dopey, but there is some here.

I think both make awesome single hopped beers.

FWIW, all my hops in this beer went in at flameout with lid on and slow chilled. So 100% T0 hops, but since lid is on and stayed on until it went into my fermenter none of the oils would have vaporized into my air. I didn't dry hop as it didn't need it.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Just kegged a Fat tire clone but not really a clone anymore. I add a little biscuit and use wyeast 1214, but I like it better and so does a lot of others that have tried it.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I'm taking advantage of a slow day working from home and brewing a Simcoe/Denali IPA. :banana:
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kealia wrote:I'm taking advantage of a slow day working from home and brewing a Simcoe/Denali IPA. :banana:
My next one is a Simcoe PA, depends on the weather. I only brew in the summer when raining and can't do anything else, in the winter I can brew more. The next one after will be Walter Wheat https://www.morebeer.com/products/walte ... llons.html. I have all the stuff for both and a open fermenter.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Bottled my Dandelion Lavender Wit Bier.

Yes that sounds weird. Tasted good though. Flower Power man.
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Wataku pale kegged. Good news? Hit my numbers and the taste is quite good. Bad news? Broke my auto siphon about a third of the way in. I was having a hard time keeping a siphon, so I assume it was cracked from the get-go. Quickly pulled the tubing and attached it to the newly shortened siphon. Didn't lose any beer, but couldn't keep a consistent flow (assuming a hairline crack still evident), so had to pump a lot. So... probably a fair bit of oxygenation. Bummer. Oh well, have only had a couple of these brew or bottle/keg day challenges, so I guess I was due. Will assume I'm good unless I'm not. New siphon purchase this week. RDWHAHB...

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Last night I kegged the Simply Simarillo Session IPA that I added hops during peak fermentation...looking forward to drinking this one.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

6 gallons of pretty straight up Patersbier. 80% Pilsner, 20% malted oats, German Sapphire hops, and 3787. Can't get much more simple.
Ricklust
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by Ricklust »

Irish Red Ale.... waiting Out the Tropical Storm. At least it’s not 95 degrees outside ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Slainté ☘️
Ricklust
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by Ricklust »

Sorry 4 the triple post...But site said error posting [emoji3064]. Can’t find a way to delete ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Slainté ☘️
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I took care of it Rick.
Glad you also made the most out of nothing! :) Looks like you're living right too! Priorities are everything.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

What a dummy I am. Well, that was an adventure... you may remember that the autosiphon (and dryhop bag) broke on keg transfer leading to a lot of transferred stuff. Upon tapping, nada. Dead tap. Dip tube and coupler clogged. Off the C02, pull the release several times, unscrew to trade out dip tubes and couplers. A little foamy fountain but no worries. Pour again... and clog again. Sanitize and repeat. But forget to purge C02 before unscrewing coupler (I'm such a kegging rookie)... resulting in a nice beer fountain. Purge and reconnect. All is now well. Unexpected shower commences... live and learn. Oh, it is the gluten free Wakatu and random backyard hop IPA. Tastes quite awesome. Live and learn... mental note to give the keg fridge a thorough cleaning later...Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...