What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

BlackDuck

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by BlackDuck »

Since it’s a Lager, it should really be kept at cold temps if at all possible. It’s the cold temps that “Lager” the beer, conditions it, and clears it up.

When I do my lagers, after kegging (which is really one big bottle), it's stays in the fridge. I usually try to let it sit in the fridge for about 3 to 4 weeks before trying one. Most of the time, I can't wait that long. But I've noticed that they are much better after 4 weeks than they are after 2 weeks. Mine usually hit their prime and stay there around the 5 to 6 week mark after it's been kegged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Today I brewed a Dead Ringer IPA, a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Northern Brewer. From what I've read over at Midwest Supplies, It's supposed to be a clone of Bells' Two Hearted Pale Ale, which sounds good and is pretty popular. So we'll see how it turns out.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

TonyKZ1 wrote:Today I brewed a Dead Ringer IPA, a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Northern Brewer. From what I've read over at Midwest Supplies, It's supposed to be a clone of Bells' Two Hearted Pale Ale, which sounds good and is pretty popular. So we'll see how it turns out.
If I remember correctly, the first time I brewed that, they called it 3 hearted, but canned the name at Bell's request. I think you'll like it.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote:Brewed 6 gallons of "Red Dampfbier" using RedX as the base malt (normally it would be pilsner or such) + some Dark Munich and a pinch of Special B just to give it some extra flavor (not traditional, but it will be tasty for sure).

If unfamiliar, Dampfbier is like a wheat beer without wheat, IE it uses wheat beer yeast, but regular barley malt. Back in the day, the poor farmers in the countryside couldn't afford to brew with wheat, and I think legally they really couldn't do it either... they pretty much had to sell the wheat they grew to people who would make bread and/or wheat beer for the more wealthy... but they could bum some yeast from the wheat beer making place when they dropped off their crop. So they took home said yeast, and then made beer with their cheaper barley using it.

My old German relatives who lived near the black forest in what is now Baden-Württemberg probably made a hella lot of this back in the day.
Bottled this. Tasted good. Some mellow banana, cloves and stonefruit. Not sure if it will look red or dark amber yet. Yeast has to floc out more in the bottles over time. (I used Munich Classic, and it is very low floc).
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Brewed what will be about 5.5 gallons of an Frankenbier NEIPA like substance with pilsner, flaked oats, flaked barley, and some flaked rye (because I had open bags of all that), which will end up with hops I have in my freezer, 3oz Eurika, 2oz Calypso, and 2oz Meridian. Gonna use some of that Lallemand New England / East coast premium dry yeast I picked up in it.

It will certainly be something.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

For the 4th time in 16 months, I brewed my Black Night IBL (basically a hoppy Schwartzbier). I hadn't planned on it, just finished a keg of it a week ago but my friends were somewhat demanding of more. So I emailed Jeff at Bootleg Biology and he was kind enough to send me some S. arlingtonesis during a time when it's not for sale. He had 2 laying around so, it was mine! He's a great guy and I wish I could give him more business.
It's a big beer to begin with usually coming it at about 7% but I over shot my OG and this yeast feasts on wort so this could be bigly.
I always have to try to brew on a vacation day.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I Brewed Kama Citra Session IPA, a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Northern Brewer. I got a response from a follower on Instagram, saying that they really liked it and had brewed it several times. So we'll see, it's got lots of hops and smelled pretty good this morning while brewing.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Kegged my Christmas Beer, from Gordon Strong's recipe.
Bottled ten from the taps to share with friends and acquaintances.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

John Sand wrote:Kegged my Christmas Beer, from Gordon Strong's recipe.
Bottled ten from the taps to share with friends and acquaintances.
A Christmas/Holiday ale is next on my list for me to brew. I didn't get a chance to make a fall beer this year.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

I've made a few different ones, this is my second year with this recipe. I really like it, and it finishes quickly.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Sunday I brewed a NEIPA. I've not done a good job with these in the past but as I've been asked to brew one for a wedding, I decided to do 2 and let the bride pick the one she likes best. So, Sunday's brew was using Imperial Juice yeast and a grain bill that was full of oat, wheat and of course, hops. 14 oz in total with dry hop.
Friday I'm brewing a simpler grain bill with a slightly different hop combo and I'm using Hornindal Kveik. If neither of these turn out good, I'm screwed!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Brewed a spiced Holiday today, I would have liked to have done it around the first of this month but didn't have time. it is 1.058 and 2 weeks in the fermenter and a couple weeks in the keg it should be fine. Have done this recipe before.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Brewed a simple grist beer to try Zappa and Southern Passion hops. Zappa is a neomexicanus variety and Southern Passion is from Africa (the hops that were once completely bought out by a major fizzy-yellow beer company). They have slightly similar characteristics but I've had them for a while so I wanted to get them into a beer before they were too old.
The next few beers will be with hops I've never or rarely used before. I MUST reduce my hop inventory!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Well, here's my holiday brew for Christmas, as I Brewed a Brickwarmer Holiday Red Ale today. It's a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Northern Brewer. Unfortunately it won't be ready in time for drinking on Christmas Day. All well, I guess.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I bottled the "oaked IPA" with American Provoak hops.

I brewed a "oaked red Kolsch" - RedX base malt, Sterling and European Provoak hops, and used the Lalllamand Premium Kolsch dry yeast I picked up on sale a while back.