What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by Kealia »

This past weekend I brewed up my last batch of the year, after a 3-month hiatus.
Simple IPA/hoppy Pale Ale using Idaho-7 and Eureka hops along with DIPA yeast from Omega (Conan strain apparently).

I'm hoping for a massive aroma from the Idaho-7 and some black currant from the Eureka like I've had with commercial beers using that hop.

We'll see.

Happy New Year, all!
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I brewed a Monkey Finger Vanilla Porter, it's a 1G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Jasper's Homebrewing. Afterwards I bottled a Brickwarmer Holiday Red, a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Northern Brewer.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Today I brewed a couple more of Jasper's 1G Extract w/steeping grains Recipes. 1) was a Big Furry Dribblechin Brown Ale, which is supposed to be a clone of Big Sky Brewing's Moose Drool. I've made it several times and it's pretty good. I'm not sure how good of a clone it is since I've never had the original, but it's a good brown ale.
2) McSwiggin's Irish Ale, just a good Irish reddish ale. This is another one I've made before and it turned out pretty good.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Keg'd 5 gallons of Honey Hard Cider this morn. Used 6 gallons of juice from our apple trees, one lb lactose and 2 lbs clover honey (those 2 added at keg time). Fermented 3 weeks, removed trub bottle and let condition in fast ferment vessel for 2 months. Treated with pot. sorbate to prevent a fermentation kick-off in the keg. Now it's time to order some supplies for a few batches of ale.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Today I brewed a Brewed New England Style IPA, it's a 1G extract w/steeping grains recipe from CraftaBrew. It's a little different on the hops, as it said to wait until after the boil was done and the temp dropped to 180*F and then to do a Hopstand for 30 mins. Then I've got some more hops to add a few days later. It'll be different that's for sure.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Tony, I just brewed my first NEIPA Wed. but AG. Tell what you think about it when done...
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

First two batches of 2020 in the new RoboBrew are fermenting away. Yesterday was an interesting brew day, first brewed up a big 1.100 Imperial Stout and whipped up something right behind that. The Stout was a full volume/no sparge batch mashed at 154 so I had the idea a making a 2nd beer with the spent grain. So after I transferred the Stout to my boil kettle I reloaded the RoboBrew with strike water and some fresh Maris Otter and Crystal 20 on top of the first mash, mashed again at 154 and added a little Brown Sugar to the boil, what came out of that batch is going to be something like an Old Ale. The Stout got a touch of DME to make gravity and I pitched US-05, the Old Ale got S-04. I had intended on making a Barleywine my next batch but wanted to take advantage of the grains from the Stout but there was no way I was going to hit Barleywine gravity doing so. BJCP describes Old Ale as more than English Bitters, Brown Porter, less than Barleywine, think of Strong Dark Mild or Winter Warmer kind of beer. Still a rich, malty sweet, well hopped beer that will age well along side the Stout, it came in around 1.075 OG. I am thinking of dry hopping both beers, experimenting Oak to both and maybe some vanilla bean to the Stout as well. Going to bottle condition both beers in 22 oz bombers, set them aside and forget about them till the Holidays.
Brew Strong My Friends...
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Sounds like a nice stout! Did you brew the full, 5 gallon size? If so, I'm surprised (read as 'happy') that you could get that high in the RoboBrew.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

Beer-lord wrote:Sounds like a nice stout! Did you brew the full, 5 gallon size? If so, I'm surprised (read as 'happy') that you could get that high in the RoboBrew.
Oh no, the Stout was 6 gals of water and 14.5 gals of grain, that's all that was going to fit. Gave me a 4 gal boil. I wouldn't want a full keg of this stuff, just wanted to fill a case of bombers.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I bottled another batch of hard cider last night, not really much of a recipe, but my wife wanted to try some so she bought the "recipe" from craftabrew, basically 3 pks of yeast and 3 pks of santizers for 3 1G batches. We've tried the first one and it tastes like hard cider so I guess that's good.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Bottled my IPL (or technically IPK - Imperial Pale Kolsch?).

Brewed up a straight up Oktoberfest, but I'll also be using the Kolsch yeast in it since I have it on hand and its very clean.
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

mashani wrote:Bottled my IPL (or technically IPK - Imperial Pale Kolsch?).

Brewed up a straight up Oktoberfest, but I'll also be using the Kolsch yeast in it since I have it on hand and its very clean.
Was this with the new Lallamend dry Kolsch yeast?
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

MadBrewer wrote:
mashani wrote:Bottled my IPL (or technically IPK - Imperial Pale Kolsch?).

Was this with the new Lallamend dry Kolsch yeast?
Yes, I got a whole bunch of it on sale, along with a bunch of the NEIPA yeast.

I have nothing bad to say about them except for price, especially if you were to pitch 2 packs like they recommend. The Kolsch yeast is not the same as the White Labs kind, it is more likely the same strain as Wyeast Kolsch 2565 or Wyeast German Ale 1007... it acts like them from a fermentation standpoint, IE it doesn't mind the cold, it has full top cropping kind of krausen that lingers and doesn't easily fall, and it is very clean (at least in my 57-59 fermenting).

I have no idea of equivalences for the NEIPA yeast, but it makes good NEIPA whatever it is.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Brewed what started out as a dry Irish Stout for ST Pats, but added some coffee and cream.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Back to brewing!

I started a Berliner Weiss today so the Lacto is off doing its thing for the next 48 hours.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk