What beer/brewing stuff did Santa bring you?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Well, Santa didn't bring me beer/brewing stuff, but my daughter and son-in-law did.

Behold, the mighty Ale Horn!
ale horn 1.jpg
ale horn 1.jpg (247.56 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
Genuine ox horn. I won't actually be drinking from it because
A) it looks as though it holds more than 24 ounces, and I'm just a session drinker
B) the handle seems a little flimsy and not up to the task of holding the weight of all that liquid, and
C) it kinda smells funny, even though I washed it out.

But I have a lot of beer glasses/steins that I have just for display; I only use about four or five for actual consumption. And looking at it makes me feel like a Viking.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
100 Years War IPA
Fermenting/Conditioning
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- South Ferry Steam Beer
Beer-lord

Re: What beer/brewing stuff did Santa bring you?

Post by Beer-lord »

Actually nothing brewing related. I've already pretty much got more than I need. Certainly more than I deserve!
That's a cool gift!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

That is a cool gift, I have seen the drink Horns in the past. I did get some brewing related little stuff. But my main present was my wife working on my little corner of the garage where I brew. She made the area into more of a little bar area and we have some ideas to keep expanding on it. She has gotten really into wood working the last few years and has put out some nice projects. She's actually pretty damn handy with it all.
Last edited by MadBrewer on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brew Strong My Friends...
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

No brewing gifts here, but I did my annual swapping out of keg lines right after Xmas and gifted myself some beer line cleaner to keep them in better shape between changes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

I also got a Brew Demon Conical...the 3 gal Amber colored one. I have mostly fermented in my kegs for a few years now but I wanted a nice fermenter for batches that I do bottle. I have also been brewing a lot of smaller batches lately, the kegs have been nice but sometimes I also miss checking on the fermentation. I also wanted it to occasionally harvest yeast when I do want to, the Brew Demon should help make that easier and at least more sanitary. I figure the first settle could be done in the conical itself...giving me the good stuff I want right off the bat, straight from the spigot.
Brew Strong My Friends...
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I got a Midwest Supplies gift card from my youngest daughter and a 1L beer stein from my oldest daughter (stepdaughter). Both the gifts were put to good use, putting two 12oz bottles of beer in the stein and ordering 2 beer recipes from Midwest.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I bought these for myself, so they are kind of Christmas presents. Kind of like the Buick commercial; To me, From me, it’s just what I wanted.

Anyway, as a child, we vacationed in Wildwood, NJ. They have a huge boardwalk. There was a dime pitch game that you won glasses if your dime stayed in them. These were the exact glasses that you won. I saw them on Etsy, and had to have them. These are from the late 70’s or early 80’s. So these kind of bring back some childhood memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck