CO2 ADAPTER

Trying to figure out what equipment you need to get for your next brew? Have something cool to share? Do it here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

CO2 ADAPTER

Post by clay5769 »

Hi
Just got my first mini keg 2.5 gallon comes with 16 gram co2 tanks

Is there a regulator and or an adapters for the larger disposable co2 tanks like 74 gram or 88 gram. I know they have the big tanks refillable tanks.

I don't want to go the refillable large tanks yet. Rather stay with smaller co2 tanks until I decide to go to 5 gallon or more kegs. :tree:
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: CO2 ADAPTER

Post by mashani »

Williams Homebrew has all sorts of regulators, I think other places as well. There are even ones that work with paintball CO2 tanks. (I'm not sure if I would do this, as I don't know that they are always "food safe" but people do use them).
clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by clay5769 »

I found this it works sodastream bottles of CO2. Should be food grade CO2 I would think?

https://www.amazon.com/LQKYWNA-Charger- ... B07ZTHM2FJ
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I would trust something from Williams more then some random Amazon product. Williams will actually help you and send replacement parts if needed.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Home-Br ... -Regulator

That one *can not* carbonate your beer, its only for pushing it out. The 30PSI ones could carb your beer, but I think it's likely dumb to carb your beer with a mini co2 cartridge on a regular basis, it would just be stupidly expensive, you could buy a real keg and make up the difference in price quickly on CO2 costs.

Anyways, here is their full selection of mini regulators, from the soda stream ones, to paint ball ones, to small and large 74g CO2 cartridge ones.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Home-Br ... tors-Parts
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I carb my beer with the set and forget method on 8 psi serving press Co2. in about 1 week can tap and pore and might still be a little under carbed but a few days later will be right on. I don't know how much Co2 it takes, but know I can do quite a lot of 5 gal. kegs this way with a 5 lb tank.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by clay5769 »

I only bought it to push the beer . I'm doing the carbonation with sugar . :fillup
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

If you bought the one you linked to, then it theoretically can carbonate your beer, but I don't know that I would want to do so.

No normal homebrewing web site or keg place sells a mini regulator (or even a full sized CO2 keg one) that claims to be 0-90 psi, most of them top out around 27PSI (on a 0-30 scale, or ~60 PSI for a full sized canister/keg one).

So I would not trust it dialed up fully, it might blow up in your face, at the very least it is likely just going to drain your cartridge and be a waste, and/or it is simply a lie.

Which is why I said buy one from a reputable place.

But who knows, maybe it works. But if it was me, I would simply send it right back to Amazon and buy one from a real place though that has realistic specs before even trying to use it.
clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by clay5769 »

mashani wrote:if it was me, I would simply send it right back to Amazon and buy one from a real place though that has realistic specs before even trying to use it.

Done on its way back bought one from Williams brewing :clink:
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

clay5769 wrote:I only bought it to push the beer . I'm doing the carbonation with sugar . :fillup
When I sugar carbed 2.5 gallon kegs, I used this. It takes little room and works great. Works on little C02 cartridges.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by clay5769 »

FrozenInTime wrote:
clay5769 wrote:I only bought it to push the beer . I'm doing the carbonation with sugar . :fillup
When I sugar carbed 2.5 gallon kegs, I used this. It takes little room and works great. Works on little C02 cartridges.
Thanks....
That came with the complete keg kit I bought a really nice setup came with everything for $94 cheaper than anything I could find It just seems to run out fast.

Https://beveragelements.com/beverage_el ... party-kit/