1 down. 1 to go. Then 2 weeks.

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: 1 down. 1 to go. Then 2 weeks.

Post by bpgreen »

I got my second Pfizer yesterday about 12:30.

I was mostly fine until around 4:30 this afternoon. I suddenly felt really fatigued. I took a nap and stayed in bed after I woke up.

I skipped biking and swimming today and fell short of my step goal.
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

Still a couple weeks before my 2nd dose.
When I sat down for my 15 minute wait (after the 1st dose) and saw a few nurses monitoring all the patients I was tempted to ask how often they saw someone make noises and fall out of their chair. Probably more the case of someone not feeling well and following up.
Of course I hope I don't make noises and fall out of my chair after my 2nd dose.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

The_Professor wrote:Still a couple weeks before my 2nd dose.
When I sat down for my 15 minute wait (after the 1st dose) and saw a few nurses monitoring all the patients I was tempted to ask how often they saw someone make noises and fall out of their chair. Probably more the case of someone not feeling well and following up.
Of course I hope I don't make noises and fall out of my chair after my 2nd dose.
I got my shots at a convention center converted for drive through service. After the shot, theu had us sit in the car in the parking lot. They said if we felt ill, we should honk our horn until somebody came to help.

My understanding is that the main reason for the 15 minute wait is the small chance of anaphylaxis shock. I'd think it's unlikely to have a reaction after the second if there's no reaction after the first, but that's a guess.
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

bpgreen wrote:...They said if we felt ill, we should honk our horn until somebody came to help....
...and the cars left there after sundown, yikes.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Got my second dose of Pfizer this morning. Already feel a tail growing and a third eye is starting to pop out of my forehead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I am planning on getting the vac. and could sign up now as in the age group, BUT am waiting for my next DR app. and get it there. Let me tell you, I got the double shingles Vac. a while back and got a mild case of shingles and wasn't fun. Last March when this outbreak first started taking off, I was about as sick and coughing I have ever been in my life for a few weeks and at that time was all told not to go to the Drs or hospital unless dying so I stayed home and didn't even want to get out of bed and even beer didn't sound good, unusual for me. So I sometimes think I might have had it. June is my next dr visit and will see what he says.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LouieMacGoo »

Working for a Healthcare system and being considered an "essential worker" even though I do IT we were encouraged to get vaccinated early on. My first dose of Pfizer was in January and the second on Feb. 6. I didn't have a lot of symptoms from the shots just some fatigue and arm pain/ache from the injection site.

Due to other health concerns I got the pneumonia, shingles, meningitis and flu shots late last year and the COVID 19 shot was no big deal compared to those others.

My wife is going Thursday to get her 2nd shot and that means that everyone in my immediate family will be vaccinated. All 3 daughter are in healthcare, wife is a barber so everyone is frontline and will be vaccinated.
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Other than a little arm ache at the injection site, I have no other side effects from yesterday’s shot, my second Pfizer. In fact, the arm pain is less this time compared to the first shot. I hope I’m past the time frame where I would see any side effects.
May wife gets her second shot next week, then we will all be vaccinated too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

BlackDuck wrote:Other than a little arm ache at the injection site, I have no other side effects from yesterday’s shot, my second Pfizer. In fact, the arm pain is less this time compared to the first shot. I hope I’m past the time frame where I would see any side effects.
I got my 2nd yesterday, felt fine except for a sore arm (less sore then the 1st shot like you).

That was until tonight at around 8pm, where since I have been starting to feel kind of crappy (cold, aches, headache).
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote:
BlackDuck wrote:Other than a little arm ache at the injection site, I have no other side effects from yesterday’s shot, my second Pfizer. In fact, the arm pain is less this time compared to the first shot. I hope I’m past the time frame where I would see any side effects.
I got my 2nd yesterday, felt fine except for a sore arm (less sore then the 1st shot like you).

That was until tonight at around 8pm, where since I have been starting to feel kind of crappy (cold, aches, headache).
Almost everybody I know had very mild reactions to the first shot.

Reactions to the second shot seem to be all over the place. I got *REALLY* tired about 28 hours after the shot. Several neighbors said they though their arms were a little more sore. But I've also heard from people who felt really sick for days. And everything in between.

Considering how much the reaction to the virus varies, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that the reaction to the vaccine varies so much.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Today marks two weeks after the second shot, so I'm fully vaccinated!
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

I seem to be surviving my 2nd dose of Moderna.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Finally got my first shot this morning, Pfizer, fast and easy in and out.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

On a related note.

How much have you changed since getting vaccinated?

I no longer wear a mask outdoors. I'm doing a group bike ride tomorrow and will wear a mask for that. I still wear a mask at businesses where they're optional.

So I haven't changed much. It's more that I feel more comfortable and safe doing day to day things.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I'm still wearing a mask when going places but I don't wear one outdoors. I really never did unless I was with people.
I'm back at the gym and when walking around I wear one but not while exercising. If that were a requirement, I wouldn't have gone back yet.
I do have some customers who come to my office that are fully vaccinated and if it's just me and them in the showroom and they ask to remove the mask I let them. I know I'm not 100% covered and nothing is guaranteed but I feel safe.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black