What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by berryman »

A somewhat of a step mash @ 148 for 90 mins and a 90 min. Boil. Overshot my OG by a few points @ 1.056. 3 packs of 34/70 at 55 degs. Secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

That's a nice picture of your beer recipe via a recipe app. Interesting. Which app is it and how well do you like it?

I Brewed another Irish Red Ale this morning. It's a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Midwest Supplies. The house sure smells good. My wife even made a comment about it, after I posted it on Instagram, saying how much she likes the way the house smells after I brew some beer. It was part of a "deal" awhile back, you buy a Irish Dry Stout and get a Irish Red Ale recipe for $5, so I couldn't pass that up.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Although I'm not Berryman, I can attest that that is the Brewers Friend app, and it works pretty well. I normally use Beersmith on my PC for recipe building, but I use that one for quick messing around, and I use the Brewers Friend yeast pitch calculator all the time.
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

@MadBrewer I’m a fan! I’ve done one batch, a few years back. I really should brew it up again. Enjoy!

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

TonyKZ1 wrote:That's a nice picture of your beer recipe via a recipe app. Interesting. Which app is it and how well do you like it?
Tony, it works good and is easy and free. It also works on extract brewing, I used it before going AG.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

This morning I brewed a Root Beer Stout. It's a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Hop Hero. Due to the lack of a non-fermentable sweetener that the other Root Beer Stout recipes that i've made have included, I don't think this one will be as sweet but I'm sure it'll taste good.
Especially over ice cream. :jumpy:
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I bottled that "Dark Wheat IPA" a few days ago.

I brewed a 3 gallon batch of straight up Belgian Dubbel.
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Mashani, thanks for the Grodziskie/Gratzer recipe/advice. I think I may head that way on the next brew day. I somehow missed that post this time around, and also decided to brew something with ingredients on hand this time... Brewday was Sunday. Pretty much finished fermentation in two days at 80 degrees. I may keg this weekend.

#205: Kveik Pseudo Lager (gf)

7lb. 2 row
28oz instant rice
4oz. victory

0.33oz Hershbrucker 60min
0.5oz N Brewer 60min
0.25oz Hershbrucker 10min

Voss Kveik

Irish Moss
Yeast Nutrient
Clarity Ferm
Glucoamylase

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

swenocha wrote:Mashani, thanks for the Grodziskie/Gratzer recipe/advice. I think I may head that way on the next brew day. I somehow missed that post this time around, and also decided to brew something with ingredients on hand this time... Brewday was Sunday. Pretty much finished fermentation in two days at 80 degrees.
FYI, I've been using German Ale / Kolsch yeasts for the Grodziskie but I would think that it would turn out well with a Kviek yeast if you want to get it fermented fast. But I'm not sure how the smoked malt vibe would turn out if you started to drink it as fast as you could turn it around that way. I never touch stuff for at least 3 weeks in the bottle, and it does mellow over time to a point, IE between 3 - 4 weeks in the bottle the rougher edges of the smoked malt tone down and the hops start to stand out more. I don't think I've noticed any differences once I got much beyond 5 weeks though. Not that it lasts very long beyond that. All that said, I still like drinking it at 3 weeks in the bottle, I just like it more with a little bit more age.

Anyways, if you make it I hope you like it as much as I do. I don't understand how this stuff fell out of popularity, it is delicious IMHO.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I kegged a Kolsch this afternoon. That recipe is now in my yearly spring/summer rotation.

ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed what amounts to a Samuel Smiths India Ale like clone, but with a mix of the "ClusterFuggle" hop blend that I got in the hop variety pack and UK Archer as the hops instead of the normal mix. I figure whatever the fuggele the ClusterFuggle is, it will work in this kind of thing.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Latest batch of redneck blush wine working hard. So simple and fairly cheep to make but tastes good. I generally let it go longer then brewnewb posted on the original, and I add some yeast nutrient along the way.

Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote:I brewed what amounts to a Samuel Smiths India Ale like clone, but with a mix of the "ClusterFugget" hop blend that I got in the hop variety pack and UK Archer as the hops instead of the normal mix. I figure whatever the fugget the ClusterFugget is, it will work in this kind of thing.
Clusterfugget is a mix of Fuggles, Cluster, and Nugget. Makes sense. It tasted good in the sample of this beer when I bottled it a few days ago.

Since I had another ounce of the stuff, I used that to make a Brown Malt and Roasted Rye porter.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Been a year since I've rebrewed Simply Simarello but as the twin and I have been too busy to brew, we decided to do an 11 gallon batch and split it with him using a blend of Imperial A07 and Dry Hop yeast and I using a year old Hornindal yeast. Can't BIAB 11 gallons in a 15 gallon kettle normally so I started with 11.5 gallons in the kettle and pulled some of the grains after the mash was done and dip sparged them in another post at 167. Numbers were dead on.
3.5 hours later, the one with Hornindal dropped 10 points. Guess the yeast weren't too dead! :)

Anyone else brewing over the long weekend?
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote:
mashani wrote:I brewed what amounts to a Samuel Smiths India Ale like clone, but with a mix of the "ClusterFugget" hop blend that I got in the hop variety pack and UK Archer as the hops instead of the normal mix. I figure whatever the fugget the ClusterFugget is, it will work in this kind of thing.
Clusterfugget is a mix of Fuggles, Cluster, and Nugget. Makes sense. It tasted good in the sample of this beer when I bottled it a few days ago.

Since I had another ounce of the stuff, I used that to make a Brown Malt and Roasted Rye porter.
Bottled this. Tasted great. I love brown malt, nothing else tastes like it. The roasted rye is awesome with it.