What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by FedoraDave »

Finally brewing again, after quite a few weeks of idleness.

Fedorus Magnus Kölsch. Got the boil going about ten minutes ago. This is a good summertime beer.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Brewed a crushable version (I hope) of a DIPA I brewed early in the pandemic that friends kept coming by for with empty growlers. I scaled this down to 5-5.5% and other than the miserable almost intolerable heat (96 today), it went well.
I don't smell good tho! :)
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Brewed up a session IPA today with 5 different grains and 5 different hops for an upcoming work event related to the number 5.
If it attenuates as it should, it should come in at 5%, too.

Smooth easy brew day that started with an overnight mash.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

So after some fun times with my Mash & Boil (see other message thread) I have now hopefully managed to brew 6 gallons of basic Belgian base wort. Very simple, just 6# of Viking Pilsner, and 6# of Viking Extra Light. I used French Aramis hops for bittering and a small late addition along with 1oz of ground coriander.

Unless I find it all leaked out on the floor tomorrow (that would be very fun times), I am going to split this between two fermenters. In one of them I am going to add a bag of 5L candi syrup, and in the other one I am going to add a bag of 45L candi syrup. I am going to do the same thing for another batch later, but with 180L and 240L (without the coriander in those, don't think I want that in the darker ones).

Will use Abbaye yeast in all of them.
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

That sounds great mashani. I am interested to see and hear more about this.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kegged the honey rye cream ale today, the sample tasted excellent. Finished somewhere between !.008 and 1.010. Then brewed a blue Moon clone, have done this before and easy and easy drinking in the summer.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Wow, those all sound good.

I brewed a Fresh Squished IPA from Midwest Supplies today. It's a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe. I've made it several times and is pretty much a family favorite.

I've read from you guys about having two hydrometers 'cause one by itself will commit suicide when you least expect it. Well, guess what happened? Yeah, it hit the floor when I was taking it out of it's plastic protective tube. I quickly got two on order and they'll be here within a week. So I've got their recommended O.G. to go by so we'll see how it turns out.
Last edited by TonyKZ1 on Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

TonyKZ1 wrote: I've read from you guys about having two hydrometers 'cause one by itself will commit suicide when you least expect it. Well, guess what happened? Yeah, it hit the floor when I was taking it out of it's plastic protective tube. I quickly got two on order and they'll be here within a week.
Tony, I have dropped and broke two. Now that I have two, never broke another one and has been a long time now, so I guess that is right. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I kegged a fiver of 100 Years War IPA this morning, and later today I'm going to smoke the grains for my award-winning Old Smokey Amber Ale, which I'm brewing tomorrow, 7/4. Finally getting the pipeline up and running after some weeks of idleness.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

Doing a double batch of blonde tomorrow. One will have strawberry extract, basically as a throwback to the old Pete’s Wicked that got me into good beer some 20 years ago. It’s a recipe I revisit every so many summers.

Smoked some pork and ribs today too, so that’s ready for tomorrow’s relaxing brew day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Took advantage of a Monday off and brewed my favorite beer that I brew, Men in Black IPA. Hit all the numbers and things went too smooth. :)
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Bottled those 2 Belgians. Brewed another one, just a "Straight Up Patersbier" that can turn over quickly, as I'm running low on home brew.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I bottled the Fresh Squished IPA, ahh it smelled good. Give it a few weeks and we'll be drinking it. Today I brewed a Kolschbier, another 5G Extract recipe from Midwest Supplies. From their website and instructions:
This pale, light-bodied golden ale is copyrighted by, brewed in, and named for the German city of Köln. Kolschbier is traditionally given a long, cold aging period like a lager, which makes for a very smooth and clean beer. A small dose of German Hallertau hops cuts the richness of the malt. "Spritzy" is a word often used to describe Kolsch - very refreshing, and a popular lawnmower beer for beer snobs!
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

TonyKZ1 wrote: Today I brewed a Kolschbier
By that description, makes me want to have one of those right now :) I use to get a lot of stuff from Midwest, but now tend to go to more beer more. Prices are usually better and super fast free shipping if the order is more then $59 and not hard to do. Check them out sometime.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

berryman wrote:
TonyKZ1 wrote: Today I brewed a Kolschbier
By that description, makes me want to have one of those right now :) I use to get a lot of stuff from Midwest, but now tend to go to more beer more. Prices are usually better and super fast free shipping if the order is more then $59 and not hard to do. Check them out sometime.
Yes, I would like one of those Kolsch biers right now too.

FWIW, Northern Brewer (same as Midwest just different store front) jacked up all their prices a while back. But they randomly send me 20% discount codes. Sounds good, until try to buy grain or what not and then it says the discount code doesn't apply to grain or what not. Effectively for me it would only be useful to buy kits. But I can build the same kit at MoreBeer by buying the ingredients (with 0 discount) or my LHBS for much less then the kits, even with 20% discount at Northern. The one good thing I guess is if your willing to pay more, you can get "free" shipping on a smaller amount of stuff then at MoreBeer. But probably you can still buy the same thing at MoreBeer and still pay the shipping and it would cost the same or less. That's how jacked up the prices at Northern are right now on some stuff.