The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by berryman »

Last batch of the year was Nov. 18 was thinking about doing something in Dec. but didn't know, then all hell broke loose. My Mother-in-law passed away, My beer fridge had problems (not my kegerator) and a cousin that was kinda close to me passed away, and with all the in between everyday life and holidays just couldn't do it. Also had a couple more funerals to attend, my wifes supervisor mother passed and now a guy I went to school with and worked with for a lot of years passed too. Hoping and praying the dying is over for a while. Going to start back heavy and hard on brewing after the new year. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all............
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Yeah, it’s been wired here too. Did my last batch sunday. That would be 25 batches this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Sorry to hear about all your troubles this year. We've not had any deaths this year but have had a couple close calls with family. My biggest problem keeping me from doing much is spending half the year in shyte-attle with a daughter going through a nasty divorce. Sometimes..... ya just wanna scream WTF???

Thank-you, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

FrozenInTime wrote: My biggest problem keeping me from doing much is spending half the year in shyte-attle with a daughter going through a nasty divorce. Sometimes..... ya just wanna scream WTF???
Yes and that too, you would think if you had four grown kids all well over age of 30, you would be done...Not..........Now I have one of my grandsons that has been staying with us and I have to get him on the bus in the morning, make sure I am there when he comes home and make him do his homework. Thought I was done with that, guess not. Got to do what got to do and life goes on.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

berryman wrote:Last batch of the year was Nov. 18 was thinking about doing something in Dec. but didn't know, then all hell broke loose. My Mother-in-law passed away, My beer fridge had problems (not my kegerator) and a cousin that was kinda close to me passed away, and with all the in between everyday life and holidays just couldn't do it. Also had a couple more funerals to attend, my wifes supervisor mother passed and now a guy I went to school with and worked with for a lot of years passed too. Hoping and praying the dying is over for a while. Going to start back heavy and hard on brewing after the new year. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all............
So sorry to hear about all your loss this past year. I wish I felt 2022 was going to be better but sadly, I do not. Covid may wane a bit but we're stuck with living with it I guess. I'm sure we'll see more senseless killing of each other, political fighting over words and feelings and of course, wars somewhere. It is what it is and I still hope to be around to talk about it.

Anyway, on a positive note, we do have the ability to treat others well, care for those that need caring and to teach our children to do the same. With that, I wish everyone the Merriest of Christmases and a healthy and happy 2022!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

:cheers: Merry Christmas to one and all.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

And to all, a good night.
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

John Sand wrote:Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!
:clink:
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

To start with, I think my Ss brewtech fermenter is the single best piece of brew equipment I have bought. Will never go back to a glass or plastic fermenter. It came with a extra set of o-rings and after a few years replaced and all was good, but on my last batch of the year, it started dripping and I put a pan under but lost almost a 1/2 gal by the end of fementation. I ordered 3 more sets of o-rings @ $1.95 ea but the shipping was 5 bucks. oh well, better then loosing beer and should be good for a long time.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Back at the brewing after about a a month and a half off. 4 out of 5 empty kegs, cleaned my star san bucket and made a fresh batch but over filled some over the 5 gal mark. Made a 2 Lt starter and put more in the flask then should of. But all is good and will work.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

It's 17 degs and dropping and says it will be 12 in the morning and not going above 20 tomorrow. I was going to cook a 7 lb pork loin tomorrow, but even too cold for me to do it. Sunday looks like warmer, in the mid 30's i can deal with that. Making 2, 2 lt yeast starters with WPL833, one is done and in the fridge to decant and the other one started a 2:00 and looks like it is starting now.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Can’t decide if I want to start my first brew of the year Saturday or Sunday.
Will have to see. It’s been raining so much, I was afraid of floating off. If I was smart (very questionable) I’d brew sat AND Sunday.

Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Can’t decide if I want to start my first brew of the year Saturday or Sunday.
Will have to see. It’s been raining so much, I was afraid of floating off. If I was smart (very questionable) I’d brew sat AND Sunday.

Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Tomorrow (Sunday) for me. And yes, rain here too. Our temps have been higher than normal and the grass keeps growing. We're living in an upside down world here!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black