Saucy Brew Works planning Nashville location

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Saucy Brew Works planning Nashville location

Post by swenocha »

What can you Ohio folks tell me about Saucy Brew Works? Apparently this Cleveland-based brewery is planning a location in the Rutledge Hill area near downtown Nashville. Pretty great building too. An old firehouse. See the street view pic as well as their concept photo ..

Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Saucy Brew Works planning Nashville location

Post by mashani »

I've been to the Ohio City location in the past and to the more local to me tap room/coffee house a handful of times. They make decent beer and pizza. Their Hazy IPA is excellent but it's 8% so I don't drink it usually. Their regular IPA is your standard citrus and pine like beer, it's good and easy to drink but not "special". They make a low ABV wit beer, which is easy to consume in mass quantities, but it's also nothing special. Their cerveza is decent but I've had some off versions. I think that would be my one gripe - their seasonal / one off beers are kind of hit and miss, and once in a while their regular beers have turned out a bit inconsistent. If I'm in Ohio City, I would personally rather go to Great Lakes or Market Garden or Platform Brewery, unless what I am craving is a pizza.