What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Yep, that's true. Copied and Pasted from MoreBeer.
100% of the proceeds from this kit are donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, a leading nonprofit in the fight to cure cancer. We have donated over $3,600 to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society thus far. By buying this kit you are contributing to the fight against cancer.

This recipe comes from the late homebrewing legend—and our dear friend—Mike “Tasty” McDole. Mike is one of the best homebrewers we’ve ever known, and one of our original customers way back when the entire MoreBeer! operation fit inside a storage shed. Aside from brewing many award-winning beers, Tasty helped grow homebrewing as a hobby, and as a community, here in the Bay Area and well beyond. For many years you could walk outside our Concord showroom on a Friday afternoon and see Mike with the tail gate down on his Four Runner a 2.5 gallon keg in hand. We miss those special times.

Janet’s Brown Ale is the recipe for which Mike won the 2004 National Homebrew Convention gold medal in its category. He once told us the most important critique he ever received was from his late wife, Janet. She really loved this brown ale and it was her favorite of all Mike’s creations. When you’re done brewing this beer, we ask that you raise a glass and toast to the memory of Janet and Mike McDole.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:59 pm Brewed the Austin Homebrew Binky's Irish Red kit.
I bottled this. I won't likely have time to brew this week, but we will see.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Have a carboy with Honey-Rye Cream ale going, sitting besides it is a Strawberry-Pear hard cider but it went together more like a wine. Will be interesting in a few weeks to see how that turns out, haven't done one such as this before.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I took the AIH "Binky's Chocolate Dunkel" kit I had, added in a bag of 240L candi syrup and some sugar, and am going to use Abbaye yeast in it. So basically "Binkies Chocolate Quad". I've made the Dunkle kit before (and would highly recommend it, as it is delicious and inexpensive especially on sale), so I am pretty sure this will turn out awesome even if it's not really "to style" because of it using actual dark grains.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Brewed up another pale using a few new ingredients. First time trying Bootleg Oslo yeast, cararye malt and Vista hops (with Cascade, Ekuanat and El Dorado). Might suck but it woouldn't be the first time. :)
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Brewed a light but hoppy ale today, not really a WCPA. Well had the grandson helping and I like that but some distractions. When I sparge I just keep the bed with about 1/2 to one inch of water, the valve stuck open on the grainfather sparge heater and filled the tube, way more then needed, kinda like more of a batch sparge. My numbers were down quite a few more points then should. Still will be a 4.7 beer and not supposed to be real high anyways. All is good we made beer.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:52 pm I took the AIH "Binky's Chocolate Dunkel" kit I had, added in a bag of 240L candi syrup and some sugar, and am going to use Abbaye yeast in it. So basically "Binkies Chocolate Quad". I've made the Dunkle kit before (and would highly recommend it, as it is delicious and inexpensive especially on sale), so I am pretty sure this will turn out awesome even if it's not really "to style" because of it using actual dark grains.
Caught that new fancy version of the fooking virus, but still I managed to bottle this.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:03 pm
mashani wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:52 pm I took the AIH "Binky's Chocolate Dunkel" kit I had, added in a bag of 240L candi syrup and some sugar, and am going to use Abbaye yeast in it. So basically "Binkies Chocolate Quad". I've made the Dunkle kit before (and would highly recommend it, as it is delicious and inexpensive especially on sale), so I am pretty sure this will turn out awesome even if it's not really "to style" because of it using actual dark grains.
Caught that new fancy version of the fooking virus, but still I managed to bottle this.
From what I've been reading, we're almost all going to get the new version, regardless of vaccination or prior infection (or combination). But vaccination and/or prior infection makes severe itchiness less likely.

I hope you have a mild case and a quick recovery.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Get well fast mashani. Everyone I know has/had it. So far, not me or at least not that I know of.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

bpgreen wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:40 am
mashani wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:03 pm
From what I've been reading, we're almost all going to get the new version, regardless of vaccination or prior infection (or combination). But vaccination and/or prior infection makes severe itchiness less likely.

I hope you have a mild case and a quick recovery.
Severe itchiness? Stupid autocorrect. I think that was supposed to be either outcomes or infection.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Beer-lord wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:53 am Get well fast mashani. Everyone I know has/had it. So far, not me or at least not that I know of.
Was avoiding it until I had to serve county jury duty. Turns out sitting in a room with 500 people is a bad idea right now. I'm olderish, but vax'd, boosted, and healthy, so don't feel like total @$%# but still not something I recommend.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

My next brew is going to be a red session IPA. I'm taking the recipe that Black Duck, beer-Lord (and maybe others) collaborated on called Simply Simarillo and making some tweaks to it.
Specifically, removing the Vienna malt in exchange for some dextrose, and swapping ~50% of the base malt with Red-X.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed a straight up patersbier, just pislner, saaz, and Abbaye yeast. (Belgian SMASH session beer more or less).
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I just kegged a beer that I brewed last year and just got around to kegging it today. The hydrometer sample tasted ok. That's the longest I've left a batch in a fermenter ever.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

What is it?