Are you ready for some football? NFL Style?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Are you ready for some football? NFL Style?

Post by T8rSalad »

Beer-lord wrote:I'm a proud member of the Who Dat! nation who's seen all the downs and 1 up and hoping for more while realizing it's unlikely.
GO CARDINALS :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
brewin bull
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by brewin bull »

T8rSalad wrote:
Beer-lord wrote:I'm a proud member of the Who Dat! nation who's seen all the downs and 1 up and hoping for more while realizing it's unlikely.
GO CARDINALS :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:
Is that before or after the Seahawks do insundry things to them?
Carcharodon Brewing
Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Gman20 »

PACKERS
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Wow. Jets win, and look good doing it. Admittedly, the Falcons are not having a great year, but Smith had great numbers and no turnovers.

And now, for other NY fans:
Q. Why is Eli Manning giving up so many turnovers?
A. Because Mark Sanchez isn't out there to do it!
:)
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
pocketjr
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by pocketjr »

My time as a free agent fan has been interesting. I've watched more football this season than I have in recent years (by week 5). I'm still looking for the team/city that will become MY team, but I've narrowed the candidates down to Chicago and Detroit.
Lenwoode & Merle
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

I'm waiting..... waiting... my 2 teams r not doing so well.... gonna be a sad season for me unless a miracle happens.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Well, Froze, I'm a Jets fan, but don't want the Giants to lose. The G-men are 0-5 (ouch), and while the Jets are 3-2, it's been pretty ugly. I try to stay relaxed about it, but I'd like to see some good football.
Never mind, there it is.
Photon Brewing
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Photon Brewing »

Steelers. 12-4 baby.
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

I am officially done with the NFL. Until they do something about the bad calls made by the refs.

When I see a defensive line man trying to get at the QB while dragging an offensive line man that is hanging on for all he's worth to the defender's arm forcing said defender to make a weak swipe at the ball and the ref then flags the defender because he thought the defender hit the QB's head - but he didn't see the flagrant hold - and the QB runs in for a TD AND nothing gets reviewed or changed (I thought all scoring plays were reviewed. Hmmm.) it's time to start watching something a little manlier like soccer or golf.

When they start penalizing the refs for bad and/or missed calls that effect the outcome of the game and start making the QBs wear dresses I'll think about coming back.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

Being a Patriots fan, it was a nail biter against the Saints... But the look on Ryan's face after the game winning TD catch was priceless... (sorry Saints fans, I just don't like the man)
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

49ers are 4-2 after getting through what should be the toughest part of their schedule. Vernon Davis is looking good as is Gore (as always). Kaepernick still doesn't look 100% comfortable but that should scare opposing coaches. Once he does settle back in, it's only going to get better.

Defense played great, even being down a number of key players.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

mtsoxfan wrote:Being a Patriots fan, it was a nail biter against the Saints... But the look on Ryan's face after the game winning TD catch was priceless... (sorry Saints fans, I just don't like the man)
No haters here. It was a great game, though we f'd up by giving Brady not 1, not 2 but 3 chances to come back. Sean Payton loves Belichek too. This will only make us better.
And you, no one in Who'Dat-ville would have would have said we'd be 5-1 this year at this stage so I'm happy. That said, EVERYONE is beatable and we do have our toughest games coming up. At this point, I still feel it'll be Denver and Seattle though both have shown their holes (not those holes!) at this point in the season.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

It was an exciting game, not the best for the Pat's, but I think I said that after 5 of their games so far. Lost 4 recievers at end of last season, replaced with rookies, and the key defensive lineman, Wilfork is out for the year. Pat's pass game was like the Saints running game.... few and far between... the one running back was unstoppable once he got going late in the game.
I agree with you on Denver, they are playing strong...
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Wow! Jets beat the Pats in OT, the crowd chants "Geno!".
Does anybody want an overpriced whiny quarterback with a bad shoulder? Only used four years.
Never mind, there it is.
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

Gman20 wrote:PACKERS
I am originally from Milwaukee. Nice to see another cheesehead on here.
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"