Mr Beer community needs work

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Mr Beer community sucks

Post by Tabasco »

JimH wrote:Agreed, I am willing to give them some time to sort it out, but not happy so far. So, welcome to the New "Better" Borg!
You never say never, but I doubt I'll go back. I mean, I've seen so many great "old friends" in here already, and this site runs like a well oiled machine, and so easy to navigate. It am what it am!

Plus, ya gotta love the appearance of this forum. Unboring and ungaudy. Nice.
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Mr Beer community needs work

Post by joechianti »

I'm getting really well settled in here, and it's like this is the REAL Borg now and the old one is not anymore. I have to admit, just like when I move to a new house, I drive past the old house just out of curiosity. I go back to check out the old forum each day, and it's a ghost town. Like a dozen posts per day. But if I see a question that I think I can honestly help with, I do reply. Not sure how long that will continue, though. This is my new home. With my real family. It's all about the people in the house, and the best are here. :party:
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

docpd wrote:I will try to go to the New Brewers page to try to help the newbees there. With all the experts over here I think they will miss out on all the help we had starting out.
Screw 'em!

Just kidding, heh heh. That is a nice thing you said.
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Hey everybody! Look at me! Two days and already 31 posts! I'm a post whore! :lol:

Don't worry, I'll post stuff about BEER in the future. But it's fun being an ass sometimes. I have learned from my motorcycle board, however, that politics and religion only really work in politics and religion boards .... and .... more importantly .... don't argue or insult .... it's never worth it.

That was always my favorite feature of MrB community. The folks kept it NICE and FRIENDLY. People were almost always respectful.
It just made it a real pleasing place to hang out. FUN. But, why not ... we love making beer, right?
:banana:
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

From what I have been reading I'm getting the feeling that the only way to help the noobies over there is to bring them over here.

I quit logging in over there when RickBeer said they did something wrong and were at risk for hacking. I'm thinking about asking them to delete all my info but they probably don't know how. :laugh
Sibling Brewers
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Brewbirds wrote:I'm thinking about asking them to delete all my info but they probably don't know how. :laugh
Sure they do. Just ask them to do another "upgrade"...

:muahaha:
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Unless I said something I'm not remembering, I think I was talking about posting your private data there (or anywhere) where people who "join" can find it - age, date of birth, link to house on Google Maps, etc. I was concerned that people were providing their complete data of birth, their true name, their city and state - with that info I can do a lot. As I said then, if I call my doctor's office with a question, they say "what's your DOB"? Then they say "last name"? Then they say, "how can I help you"? So with those two pieces of info I can get a lot of private info about things, like when Joe's last exam was at the vet...

Anyone can be hacked - Louie just discovered yesterday that your email address was shown if someone on the forum tried to email you (so he turned that off - I have the email option turned off). My point is you need to be careful no matter what you do on any site, and given no personal info that you don't want exposed.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Oh I thought it was you but maybe not. I know quite a few of you guys who understand the technical issues there were telling them that their STACKING something was showing when and that was a bad bad thing. I can't believe how all you guys were trying to help them and they didn't say a peep.

My brother said this morning that a business college would love to use this whole debacle for teaching a class.
Sibling Brewers
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

My knowledge of something being stacked would be totally different than what you refer to...

I think in general, whether it's the forum or other things that Mr. Beer is really run without much depth on the bench. There are a lot of things they don't do well from a Marketing standpoint (my expertise) and they've many mistakes along the way transitioning to new owners, new product, etc.

Any idiot (meaning me) knows that if you're going to put up a new forum you ask people to go play with it and try to break it, you then fix it, THEN you bring it live. None of us were asked to play.

Anyway, we're gone now.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

RickBeer wrote:My knowledge of something being stacked would be totally different than what you refer to...
My knowledge of SOMEONE being stacked may be even more different than of what you refer to. :jumpy: :jumpy:
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

ok, now I'm cornfuseded...we talking horizontal or verticle...wait..um.. don't go there. :opps:
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

I stopped by MrB borg this morning a few times to give it a fair shot. I found that you CAN go right to the last page of a multi page thread. But the other issues are all real ... it really is a pretty poor job over there.

Kind of depressing. I'm not complaining .... they don't owe me a borg ... but I have not been around there much any more lately due to personal stuff, so "starting up again" ... I'll most likely stay here. I will try to behave ... :lol:

I saw a few old friends in there, a few who've already come here ... but it's pretty dead in there ... the writing is on the wall.

Bottom line ... posting is for fun. It's hard to deny this place will be more fun going forward.

And right off the bat it has the most important aspect: Extracts, AG's, beginner, expert, whatever ... Brewing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

If you log in over there again you should let those guys know that all their rowdy friend are over here now. :party:
Sibling Brewers
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Brewbirds wrote:If you log in over there again you should let those guys know that all their rowdy friend are over here now. :party:
Yah, I mentioned it ... casually .....