Cold- Alright, 55 Degrees - Amazing

Share an all grain or partial grain recipe that you like or want to get feedback from the Borg.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

yankfan9
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Cold- Alright, 55 Degrees - Amazing

Post by yankfan9 »

So my Choc-A-Lot has been aging now in bottles for 3 months and it is definitely ready. Here is the recipe (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=183) There is something very interesting going on with this beer. If I put it in my fridge for a day, or even a couple of hours, and then serve it, there is no head/minimal aroma/minimal taste even after letting it warm up in the glass for a while. But if I put it in my fermention chamber at 55 degrees (cellar temps) and then serve it, it has a nice two finger thick tan head, great head retention down to the last sip, aroma of chocolate and a hint of roast, and a smooth chocolate malty flavor that is out of this world good :banana: So why in the world does this happen. When I pour commercial imperial or chocolate stouts straight out of the fridge they still have a good head and aroma/flavor, even though I know you should let them warm up before drinking. So why does mine taste.. well tasteless if I chill it too much?
#15 There Gose 'Nother Semester - Gone
#16 Two Brothers Brown - Gone
#17 Home Toasted Pale - Gone
#18 Porter Potty - Gone
#19 I do IPA - Gone
#20 Max Capacity Stout - One Left in the cellar
#21 Not So Independent Scotch Ale - Drinking
#22 Berliner Weisse - Gone
#23 Fruit Fallacy IPA - Carbonating