Furry Family Side part 2

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

philm00x

Re: Furry Family Side part 2

Post by philm00x »

They're so fluffy!!
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

If you want fluffy...

Mini me...
d3.jpg
d3.jpg (93.78 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Trying to decide if it's a squeaky toy, or a dog...
d2.jpg
d2.jpg (93.12 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
And another one of the basement rescue Aussie meeting an a big doodle my dogs like to play with. I had to re-socialize him with lots of dogs of known temperament.
d1.jpg
d1.jpg (114.67 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Here is our current two girls:
crate break.JPG
crate break.JPG (36.53 KiB) Viewed 2474 times
Jazzy is paralized in hind legs in this pic and getting a break out of the crate; her sister Tito is trying to get her to "act normal" because she doesn't get it that her big sis is sick and not punished.
Jazzy Standing 001.JPG
Jazzy Standing 001.JPG (37.08 KiB) Viewed 2474 times
I put Jazzy's food bowl in front of her and then went to feed Tito and when I looked back Jazzy was standing up to eat; this was after a few days on steroid treatment.

Jazzy has recovered to about 85% of her previous mobility but thinks she is completely fine and is now trying to jump on chairs, run and do everything else she used to do so we have to curb her exuberance.
Tito's toy.JPG
Tito's toy.JPG (36.72 KiB) Viewed 2474 times
Tito is happy that her sis doesn't live in a crate and never leaves the towel finally.

Jazzy is a Miniature Wire haired Dachshund from a rescue facility and was my mom's dog. She suffered from spinal damage that has to do with dwarfism in dachshunds and bassets' she is only the second dog that our vet has ever seen recover with rapid steroid treatment.
She loved my boxer Hershey and used to chase her around the yard and grab hold of Hershey back leg in a game we call "get and be gotten" and whenever Jazzy caught Hershey she would sit on her head which started the game all over again until they were both exhausted. As were we from hysterical laughter.

Tito came to us after a neighbor/friend went through a nasty divorce and gave her up to us, we already used to groom and board her, so she was family. She is a pet shop purchased Westie (think puppy mill) and as such is undersized, is a bit timid/submissive for a terrier breed, and is prone to health issues.
All that being said having settled into her new home she is sweet and loving and can show some stubborn streaks at times. She loves nap time with daddy, tug of war toys with Jazzy and movie night in the chair with mommy as long as it's not to loud.

I now conclude my pet babble of the moment. Except to say that I can't imagine not having a loving furry creature around me. Pets rock.
Sibling Brewers
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Glad Jazzy's responding Brewbirds. I grew up with Standard Short hair Dachshunds.
Dave, when do you find time to brew?

Thanks for all the stories guys (and gal), keep the coming. We are all just a bunch of beer brewing softies. :rolleyes:
Looks like this thread is.......
Cat.jpg
Cat.jpg (91.37 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
Most of you know Tobias, but for the new folks, here's the background.

We got our first Sphynx cat Bela when my wife worked the death of her owner. My wife works for a Medical Examiners office and was a death investigator for 12 years. She was called to the scene of a vet tech who had passed. One of her pets was Bela, who true to the breed of being noisy, kept coming up to my wife during examination of the body. Life not being a 1 hour CSI show had stayed in touch with the mother (Mary Beth) until toxicology reports came back. Mary had stated that all Bela would do was sit in the basement and cry. My wife had already let her know that if they could not keep all the animals her daughter had (4 dogs and 4 cats) that we would like to help. That is how we came to have Bela and we still send pictures and funny Bela stories to Mary Beth a few times a year, and she replies gratefully that her daughter is smiling down upon us.

This leads to Tobias, aka Kitty T.

The Center Manager at my store had pancreatic cancer and was going through treatment. I knew how to help take his mind off what he was going through, Bela, and she did not disappoint.
We took her to dinner at their home and, well Bela being Bela, made Steve smile the whole time we were there. They ask about the breed (I'd been following two breeders in the Atlanta area since getting Bela) and that was my extent of Sphynx knowledge.

Next thing we know, they have contacted one of the breeders and off we go to get a kitty for Steve. The (damn I'm starting to tear up) crappy part is we lost Steve 6 months later, but the joy that Murray gave him during that time was immeasurable. Murray was by Steve's side day and night. When Steve went to the hospice I was known as "The cat guy" and ask to bring Murray there. True to the breed, Murray pulled the nurses cord in the bathroom at 3 in the morning, which brought everyone running into the room. We still talk and laugh about that.

I know, long story, but thanks for reading this far. The memories and tears are good therapy.
So it happens that Murrays father, Tobias was being retired. The breeder ask if we would like to care for him. Would we!.....WOW what and honor.....YES we would....we didn't know what to say.

We had Kitty T for year before liver cancer took him, but he lived a lifetime in that one year (those will be stories for another time). He and his offspring have made many people happy.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

A: Thanks Inkleg for the TOPIC

B: Thanks to the BORG for the wonderful posts and pics...I personally enjoy each and every one of the pics. Pets bring sanity to an insane world and ease pains of daily life & strife.

C: Frisbee misses the beaches of Oregon like days and days of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnxsuAn7f50

Oh and Frisbee says thanks for the pics as well
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

T8rSalad wrote:Pets bring sanity to an insane world and ease pains of daily life & strife.
That they do T8r, that they do.
Thanks for the video. My hound mix Mya would dig like that. Stick her whole head in the hole and just huff and blow till her head was covered in dirt/mud. Then wonder why you didn't want her kisses.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
Shipwreck Saison
D34THSPAWN
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by D34THSPAWN »

Our big guy sticks his face underwater and blows bubbles, he also sticks his head under the snow and runs making a snowplow, funniest thing ever. The little one hasn't seen snow or much water yet other than the dreaded bath tub.
Deadhouse Brewing Pipeline
Drinking: Northern Brewer Nut Brown, Pale Rider, Charon's oar Conditioning: Charon's OarFermenting: Single Obol Stout Next Up: Persephone's Tears Blackberry Wheat
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

This is my constant companion. He's a British Springer Spaniel. We received him as a rescue dog, he was 6 yrs old in June. He lays at my feet, literately right on top my feet. I trip alot when I stand up because he thinks my feet are his to command. We are still working on his house manners, or I should say lap manners. He's probably around 35 lbs, but imagine him launching himself into your lap, every time I sit down. Sometimes he will walk up to my wife or myself when we are sitting and just lay his head on our lap. It's funny to watch, he will just stand there for hours like that if we let him. I believe he suffers from abandonment from his previous owners. The guy passed away a few years back and his wife then turned him into a serious baby. She went into a nursing home and could no longer care for him so I think he really is afraid of being left again. He has nothing to worry about, he will spend the rest of his life right here with us. We are contemplating finding him a companion female, but this breed is hard to find around here without costing over a grand, so it might be awhile.

It is nice to have him here now, we did have our... problems for a while. Right before he came into our lives, I had to put to sleep a black lab that was also my shadow. We had him for 16 years. I will say that was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Still brings tears to my eyes when I think of Sam. Anyway, here's Corky:
Attachments
Corky.JPG
Corky.JPG (138.71 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Another one of Corky:
Attachments
Corky.jpg
Corky.jpg (179.5 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Inkleg wrote: Dave, when do you find time to brew?
Well, this is why I still toss HMEs into the mix sometimes, and when not then use a lot of extracts and weird hop schedules or hopbursting and such to have shorter brew days. I could not possibly do 100% AG, I simply do not have time for it. I'm happy to get 1 out of 4 as a BIAB or PM and that's only possible because I brew in those in the middle of the night when all other creatures are sleeping.
Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

Oliver on the top is our old 14 year old cat that disappeared for about 10 months. The bottom cat is PJ; adopted from the local shelter 6 years ago, along with another cat, Tinker (not pictured).
image.jpg
image.jpg (219.57 KiB) Viewed 2433 times
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

It's hard to get pictures of them because they just sneak around, but here are our cats. My daughters cats really. They shadow her like dogs shadow me.
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (42.17 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

Love the pics y'all...traveling like I do sometimes, we Skype with Frisbee to fill our needs not his. I love to see his ears perk up and his head to tilt to the side when he hears my voice but not sure where I am. Then he sees the screen with my ugly mug and his tail wags like there is no tomorrow. When we have him up on our bed in the evening he will lay down with his head in either of our laps with his paws stretching out to touch the other one of us, like connectivity of a circuit I guess.

Here is another pic of him now that he is almost 11 months old:
Frisbee2.jpg
Frisbee2.jpg (214.27 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
Frisbee3.jpg
Frisbee3.jpg (20.14 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
Thanks again Inkleg
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Your welcome T8r.

Man, I'm laughing as I type this. Frisbee is just so beautifully goofy looking (I know you understand what I mean). He's like the Bassett, you can't help but smile, giggle and use a goofy voice like he's the one talking when you see him. Dude....he is awesome.

Huh, huh, yep, yep....we going in the car, going to the beach......love you guys.....squirrel!

Kinda like this.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
Shipwreck Saison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

My grandparents raised Beagles and Bassets. Once in a while they intermixed. My favorite dog as a child was a basset beagle mix.