Wild Spirit IPA Plus

Recipes based on BrewDemon Extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Wild Spirit IPA Plus

Post by mashani »

I picked up a few of my old favorites when I ordered the conicals. I like using the HMEs when I'm short on time and want to make beer. Some of them make great bases if you get creative (embrace your inner Frankenstein) with them, a short hop boil, some dme/grain/candi syrup, and you still make good beer in an hour.

I like some of the new Coopers hmes, but others have a POR flavor that just bugs me, same reason I don't like some of the regular Coopers kits very much and prefer the Muntons/Woodforde kits when I'm brewing an easy mode beer.
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

ssorck wrote:Care to share that PB recipe? :p
Its a bit on the complicated side.
Two cans Oatmeal Stout.
1/2 of this: http://www.homebrewing.org/Peanut-Butte ... _2081.html
Fin!

This is just a quick brew I can throw together and about the only dark beer she will drink.

I have added 1/2 cup of brown sugar but SWMBO seems to like it better without. I think it enhances the coffee flavor and she hates coffee. Next time I might try adding some DME as that should kick up the alkiehaul a tad without messing with the flavor that much.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
ssorck
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by ssorck »

Sweet thanks. I'll try this out when I get my first BrewDemon order in...
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

I made this today, with changes. I had about 5oz crystal20 in open bags, I made it 1/2lb by adding 2 row. Open fractions of hops were added to the steep. They were centennial, cascade and citra in order of amount used.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

I literally am drinking my first pour of BD's Wild Spirit IPA as I type, and I love it. It is my best batch yet. Very well balanced for an IPA. Not too bitter. The only thing I might add next time, are some hops for aroma. It smells more bitter than it actually is. It is my first BD batch and will not be my last.
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Ibasterd wrote:I literally am drinking my first pour of BD's Wild Spirit IPA as I type, and I love it. It is my best batch yet. Very well balanced for an IPA. Not too bitter. The only thing I might add next time, are some hops for aroma. It smells more bitter than it actually is. It is my first BD batch and will not be my last.
I just saw this now. NIce. I always liked that HME, I'm going to be a customer real soon.