Mr. Beer loyalty

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

docpd
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Mr. Beer loyalty

Post by docpd »

This has been wonderful thread. The thoughts expressed demonstrate the wisdom and caring attitude of the folks who have made the Beer Borg the great thing that it is. The community is the same, we just have a new home now. I hope that Louie is right about getting new traffic from Brew Demon and other sites. I have been here 3 1/2 years now and I think the Nong is just about the only one who predates me and the others who joined at the beginning of 2010. There are many others who provided great advice but have moved on. Without new blood we will dwindle over time.

I had a similar expeience with a Comcast support forum. It was also a virbrant community which migrated to a private site. At first the new forum went well, but gradually people left and the forum died a slow death after about a year. Now they did not have beer to talk about. I hope everyone stays with us here and we can recruit new users.

As far as Mr Beer goes, I am really pissed off at them right now for their complete failure to address the problems with the board. They have ignored several polite requests for information. At this point even if they can manage to fix the forum, I have no reason to go back except to try to help newbies and maybe recruit them here.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Well said Doc
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Well said Doc
Broken MB 004.JPG
Broken MB 004.JPG (60.71 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Sibling Brewers
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Brewbirds wrote:Well said Doc
Broken MB 004.JPG
Bahahahaha!!! Love it!

:evil:
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
rickbray66
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by rickbray66 »

Brewbirds wrote:Well said Doc
Broken MB 004.JPG
Now that's just cool!!!

Rick
BeerRust
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by BeerRust »

Make Beer! Who cares how we do it. I am still going to use Mr Beer for the convenience of the small batches and time commitment ......
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

the MB site is rotting even more. was just there, and after viewing a post, you have to sign back in again.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Guess it's a good thing I haven't been back.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

docpd
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by docpd »

I just tried to post one more time to see if I could get any kind of response at all and was bounced off and was unable to sign back in.

I am actually now really puzzled. Mr Beer has always prided itself on customer service. To not only have such a debacle, but then refuse to answer their customers questions is way out of character. Have the Coopers corporate people just decided that the forum is not worth maintaining? If so, they should at least tell us directly.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

I'll be seeing Diane B. in a few weeks. I'll ask her what's up.

Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Some thoughts about MrBeer loyalty ....

The previous owners of MrB were not loyal to their contractors who made all the old line up malts. The old favorites, ADIPA, Sticky, etc.
They cashed out for a profit, and left their brewers holding the bag.
Coopers, the new owners, tried to squeeze these brewers out of the market.

Now, almost predictably, investors engaged with these brewers to make the old lineup again, came up with a new fermenter, and voila, MrB/Coopers is competing with their old stuff. The original owners of MrB were not worried about their employees, and the future of the company once they got out.
Coopers is not worried about anything other than selling you their stuff, not the old stuff.

The old stuff is back.

Make whatever choice(s) you want. Loyalty Schmoyalty. The consumer gets to pick, sorry.

You want the Coopers, buy it. You want the Brewdemon, buy it. You like this borg, stay here. You like the old borg ... well, that could be a challenge, heh heh.
Matth

Post by Matth »

Did not know about BD until getting on here. Just ordered a kit to get a lbc. Still have a couple pre-Cooper mixes left. Have yet to get a post sell out kit. Knowing now what I do about BD, don't know if I will. I know the one thing that's constant is change but new and improved can be one of the biggest lies known to man.
DirtRacer
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by DirtRacer »

I was loyal to the good product they sold in the way of refills. I was pretty disappointed with the MB refills after the sell out. First one I brewed I just thought "maybe I didn't do something right" so the next 2 or 3 I did I was careful to make sure everything was clean and done correctly and still it just didn't seem as good as the old MB ones. I too hadn't heard of BD till joining up here and I am a bit relieved to see it's the old refills. Otherwise I was going to consider buying 5 gal. extract kits and splitting them into 2 LBKs. Which, I still might try.
Last edited by DirtRacer on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from poor judgment.
Matth

Post by Matth »

Some time, I hope to try AGs, or the like, but for now, the extracts work with my situation. Love that the old stuff is still available at the new place.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Yankeedag wrote:the MB site is rotting even more. was just there, and after viewing a post, you have to sign back in again.
Hey, you can sign in. That's one step up from me!