Mr. Beer loyalty

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Mr. Beer loyalty

Post by Tabasco »

mashani wrote:
Yankeedag wrote:the MB site is rotting even more. was just there, and after viewing a post, you have to sign back in again.
Hey, you can sign in. That's one step up from me!
+1 ... I was in yesterday, now I can't get in ... even after resetting password. Maybe we got kicked out???????? :lol:
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

Tabasco wrote:
mashani wrote:
Yankeedag wrote:the MB site is rotting even more. was just there, and after viewing a post, you have to sign back in again.
Hey, you can sign in. That's one step up from me!
+1 ... I was in yesterday, now I can't get in ... even after resetting password. Maybe we got kicked out???????? :lol:
I just hopped over there to check it out. I could log in now no problem, so it was probably just technical difficulties. But the most recent post was 14 hours ago. It's a ghost town over there. If somebody told me this a few weeks ago, I'd say they were crazy. Weird.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

I just tryed to log into MB...nope. Looks like I'm locked out.

just shot a email to MS Diane B. to see what's up.
Last edited by Yankeedag on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

I logged in after a few tries this morning, but when I posted, it did not take the post, and bounced me out, and a big message that said, "Whoops - Something is broken" came up. Pffffffffftttttttttttttt

Yah, no posts since about 6pm Monday, and it's almost 9am Tuesday. Eh. This board is better anyway. It will be a better place to put up BIAB pictures, I'm going to try and do that on my next batch, to share but also maybe get advice for improvement.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I just tried to log in a minute ago and can't get in. What an absolute mess.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Got logged in, but couldn't post or reply. Didn't even get the "Whoops" message. Just took me back to the login screen after clicking New Topic or Reply. I said I wasn't going to check back over there for a couple weeks, but it's such a train wreck that I have to keep rubbernecking!
:opps:
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

It's an incompetence thing. They broke something else. If you go "incognito" you can log in, but then anywhere you go logs you out. They are so far out of their competence that it's astounding.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

It doesn't look like anyone is getting in. If you click down the topics without logging in and look at the most recent posting times for each thread, it looks like the last one was updated 15 hours ago. So, I am guessing no one is getting in right now.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
teutonic terror
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by teutonic terror »

Tabasco wrote:I logged in after a few tries this morning, but when I posted, it did not take the post, and bounced me out, and a big message that said, "Whoops - Something is broken" came up. Pffffffffftttttttttttttt

Yah, no posts since about 6pm Monday, and it's almost 9am Tuesday. Eh. This board is better anyway. It will be a better place to put up BIAB pictures, I'm going to try and do that on my next batch, to share but also maybe get advice for improvement.
This is where I've been all morning.
The newbies. They don't get the true wisdom of the BORG!
I'm sad for them. They missed out. :(
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by RedBEERd »

Just my 2 cents.........I started with mr beer as most of you.....to get a start on the process. It was a fairly cheap way to get the basics, force me to read more, learn more, do more, get more confidence. All the while I hoped to ratchet up to AG. For me it's a slower process for other reasons (space, time, life) but I'm committed to moving on and USING most of you, esp beer-lord, for advice etc.

I haven't posted a lot on the old forum, may not be a prolific poster here as I mostly lurk and learn but I am VERY thankful for this forum and the use of great experience here.

I haven't had the best of luck with Mr beer as I've had several spigot disasters, one of which customer service handled nicely but I get nervous using the lbk's now, wondering IF it will happen again with the new 'new' spigots so I'm moving up to the next phase. With beer-lord's help we will taste my first AG batch wed night (a Bell's 2 hearted ale clone) and I'm hoping it will get me invigorated to do another very soon. In fact, I'm sure of it.

Here's to a cold one to each of you and thanks in advance for all the help you're going to give me :drinks:
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

I am SO lucky that I stopped in to MrB a few days ago after being gone for a while.

If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to get in now, and would not have heard about this forum.

Right place at the right time, phew. :-)
duff
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by duff »

docpd wrote:I just tried to post one more time to see if I could get any kind of response at all and was bounced off and was unable to sign back in.

I am actually now really puzzled. Mr Beer has always prided itself on customer service. To not only have such a debacle, but then refuse to answer their customers questions is way out of character. Have the Coopers corporate people just decided that the forum is not worth maintaining? If so, they should at least tell us directly.

They have not responded to any of the questions I have asked them on the forum including the one in the thread they posted. They have also not responded to my email.

I can only draw one conclusion from this. They must not want my business, nor the business of the people I would have recommended try their products.
rickbray66
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by rickbray66 »

RedBEERd wrote:I haven't had the best of luck with Mr beer as I've had several spigot disasters, one of which customer service handled nicely
And that's yet another black-eye over the past several months that doesn't quite make sense. They would say in the forums and in emails that the rate of spigot failure was only 1% or below. Seems to me that there were way more than 1% of us forum members who experienced a spigot failure. New math maybe? Perhaps what they meant is that we shipped 3 million kits and only 30K spigot notifications have come across their desk, while the others never get reported. Probably the spigot broke and the customer simply tossed their LBK in the dumpster.

Not to mention taking nearly a year to bring back the seasonals...

Rick
haerbob3
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by haerbob3 »

Everybody that I gave a MR B kit to last year the spigot has broken. I am intrigued by the little conical. Just wished it came it a size to brew 5 gallon batches. I need to tell the people I gave those kits to that they can get the old recipes there.
im Leben Geduld ist eine Tugend
in Brau-es ist eine Anforderung

in life patience is a virtue
in brewing it is a requirement

You are stronger than you think you are!!!!
~~Andy Wesley 1973 -- 2013
TimeTraveler
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by TimeTraveler »

Mr. Beer needs to know the Natives are restless!

ImageImage

(FYI - the battle scene is from the 2013 reenactment at Bushy Run Battlefield)
Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.