Mr Beer forum is really dead

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Mr Beer forum is really dead

Post by berryman »

Brian N- wrote: I would not call the Mr. Beer site dead, just not as vibrant as it once was. There is no harm in checking into the Mr. Beer site; you might be able to help out someone. Just my humble opinion.
Yes you are very correct in all of the observations, but I really don't see many questions asked, therefore no one is responding = dead forum.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Banjo-guy
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Banjo-guy »

" and they were singin'
Bye, Bye Mr. Beer he did die...

I can't finish the song.
But "good old boys were drinkin Pilsner and Rye!"
JimH
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by JimH »

Nice poem Chuck!

It is pretty low level activity over there. I can't say I have been back in a while. After this place took off I rarely looked back. And now that the MB bookmarks are lower on the list than the Better Borg (organized by number of visits), I don't even bother heading there.
Jimbo Homebrew Co.
----------------------------------------
Drinking:
Keg1:
Keg2:
Keg3:
Bottled:
Nothing!
Fermenting:
Fermenter 1 (5 Gal Bucket): Empty :(
Fermenter 2 (1 gal.): Empty :(

On Deck:
Something?!
duff
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by duff »

Not to derail the funny but I stopped posting on the Mr. Beer forums after it became clear they were not going to answer any questions about the site. After I posted a more strongly worded question list with my complaints and they responded by deleting the post as well as some of the other posts and threads were I asked questions. Any company that would rather delete questions than answer them won't get my support. Thankfully other people still go there to answer questions because without the Mr. Beer forum I would not have liked what I ended up making and likely wouldn't have continued to make my own beer.

And a big thank you to LouieMacGoo for creating this place. It has everything that was good about the old forum and then some.
truckndad
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by truckndad »

My computer died on me a while back and I got caught at work looking at beer sites and got my hand slapped, so it's been a looooong time since I've been to any beer forum. I was just over at the MB site and couldn't believe how bad that place had gotten. Just logged onto here and what do I see? A whole lot of familiar names. This is what I'm talking about. I just hope all the noobies who get MB kits for Christmas this year find this place. They'll get a lot more help here than at the MB site.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

truckndad wrote:My computer died on me a while back and I got caught at work looking at beer sites and got my hand slapped, so it's been a looooong time since I've been to any beer forum. I was just over at the MB site and couldn't believe how bad that place had gotten. Just logged onto here and what do I see? A whole lot of familiar names. This is what I'm talking about. I just hope all the noobies who get MB kits for Christmas this year find this place. They'll get a lot more help here than at the MB site.
Well TnD I'm sure glad you managed to find the new Borg and I hope you get you computer fixed so you can join us here as often as you like without a boss slapping your hand. Most of the familiar brewers and Avatars you remember are here and our community continues to be the same great place just in a new and better location.
Brew Birds.jpg
Brew Birds.jpg (28.74 KiB) Viewed 578 times
Sibling Brewers
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Welcome truckndad! You are in the right place.
To those that still visit MrBeer, you are doing the right thing by helping other brewers. I do hope they find their way here, it's better. I have CFS- Computer Frustration Syndrome, so if I try something a few times without success, I drop it.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Speaking of familiar names.......Great to see you here truckndad! :welcome:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

truckndad wrote:My computer died on me a while back and I got caught at work looking at beer sites and got my hand slapped, so it's been a looooong time since I've been to any beer forum. I was just over at the MB site and couldn't believe how bad that place had gotten. Just logged onto here and what do I see? A whole lot of familiar names. This is what I'm talking about. I just hope all the noobies who get MB kits for Christmas this year find this place. They'll get a lot more help here than at the MB site.

Glad to see your here! Welcome to the forum!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Hey TD! Glad you made it!

:cool:
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BrownstotheBone »

As a side note.. the forum is not the only thing that's suffering. My last 2 orders were missing ingredients. The first time I didn't find it until later but I was shorted a soft pack LME.
This last time around I took advantage of the 30% no shipping deal, and bought 2 recipes. Checked off each item on the packing list (isn't this what they're supposed to do?) and found 3 things missing.
2 hop sacks and a packet of hop pellets. But I did receive some wine yeast that I didn't order.. LOL I emailed them and Robert responded quickly that they would be sent out and apologized. (I get to keep the wine yeast!) LOL

(2 days later I got a survey email for a 10% coupon)

I was lucky enough to stumble on this wonderful hobby a mere 2 months before the forum meltdown so I feel EXTRA lucky having the BORG at this point.
I think it's time for me to start venturing outside Mr.BEER although I love the assortment of recipes. Brew Demon/LHBS will be my next venture as I'm on my 7th brew now and itching to steep.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

BrownstotheBone wrote:I was lucky enough to stumble on this wonderful hobby a mere 2 months before the forum meltdown so I feel EXTRA lucky having the BORG at this point.
I think it's time for me to start venturing outside Mr.BEER although I love the assortment of recipes. Brew Demon/LHBS will be my next venture as I'm on my 7th brew now and itching to steep.
We're glad you got here in time Jeff and followed us over. We have your back however you decide to brew. But watch it at the top of the slide. This group has no problem pushing someone down the brew slope. :whistle:

Case in point. I'd been following this merry band of fools (aka The Borg) and brewing MrBeer for about 6 months. Someone (DRabbit) started a Borg Brew, one recipe agreed upon by the Borg, but laid out for all style brewers. Straight up MrBeer, MrBeer and a steep, LME/DME and All Grain. Well with confidence they gave me I did my first AG 2.5 gallon BIAB. After 4 of those I stepped it up to 5 gallon batches, entering competitions and mailing beer.

Like I said, it's a downhill slope and this is my support group, but at least there's beer at the end. :lol:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

It's a slippery slope we're sliding on.... hick...
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

* Looks up from the bottom of the slope *

Man......how did I get here???

:cool:
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Wings_Fan_In_KC wrote:* Looks up from the bottom of the slope *
There's a bottom to the slope?
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence