The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by berryman »

pocketjr wrote:
FrozenInTime wrote:
berryman wrote:I've been cleaning bottles tonight, yes it can be a PITA,
I just rinse once or twice, then toss into the trash. Love my kegs.

Hmmm…. I've been using the same PET bottles for at least a dozen batches. I rinse after using and then rinse before sanitizing. My last batch is coming out with very little head and no lacing. I wonder if the bottles could be to blame? :oops:
There's nothing wrong with using PET's but you should change out the caps after a few batches, they might not seal good anymore. IDK if you have a capper or not but glass is a lot better way to go.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Hmmm…. I've been using the same PET bottles for at least a dozen batches. I rinse after using and then rinse before sanitizing. My last batch is coming out with very little head and no lacing. I wonder if the bottles could be to blame? :oops:[/quote]
There's nothing wrong with using PET's but you should change out the caps after a few batches, they might not seal good anymore. IDK if you have a capper or not but glass is a lot better way to go.[/quote]
:borg: Yeah, what berryman said. :borg:
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

I never used PET bottles .... first batch was with glass bottles, and stuck with it for years. Now, it's mostly corny's. But, I've always thought it might be neat to try PET bottles. Just never did. It's all good. So, I'm blabbing without giving advice ... heh heh.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

OMG, a little more foam, can you move that thingy, can you hold this to block the sun.
My wife the budding photographer (and a damn good one at that) is driving me crazy. Some kind of class homework and she has decided to do it in my brew room with all my brew stuff. I have no doubt that the picture is going to be great, but I'm going to be drunk from making sure the glass has "foam". I'll post the picture when she done.
Till then "a little more foam my friends". :laugh
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

I just finished my keg of oatmeal stout. Now the keg is available for the fermenter that will be done this weekend .... IPA. That'll be six full kegs, as usual ... I'll likely stop fermenting for a bit ... all fermenters will be empty which is rare, but I want to go on a diet a bit. And if I ain't drinkin', there'll be no place to put more beer ... unless I bottle, and I try only to do that with MrB size batches anymore.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Dam, here comes another polar vortex this week. I'm getting tired of these weather people coming up with new names for the same old bad weather we've had for years. Cold again here in Western NY. 1 deg right now but not much wind chill yet, windchill will be in the morning when I have to get up and go to work. Polar vortex, Bull$hitt.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

yeah suppose to be down to 23 tonight
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

We never reached 23 today... snowing, 9* and falling...
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Ok, Vacation time is over. Was going to get a job as a delivery boy for O'Riely's, but got offered another job as a CDL driver that offers a bigger cha-ching each week. Got a family to provide for. At least I'll have weekends off with this one, and get to spend that time with the Grand-Kidletts. That's important to me and Mrs. Dag, and now the Grand-kidletts as they get to know us.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Had a cold night last night. Power went out at 1:30 am and came back on at 7:15 am. It's 0 outside!!! The house was at 51F when the power came back on.....a little chilly. Not much sleep either, too worried about when to turn the water off!!! Thank God I didn't need to go there. Going to be a long day at work today!!!
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

[quote="BlackDuck"]Had a cold night last night. Power went out at 1:30 am and came back on at 7:15 am. It's 0 outside!!! The house was at 51F when the power came )

Dang it! there is some key on this board I keep hitting unknowingly, and it erases everything I type. POOP!

What I did to winterize my place was to take some paper towel and toilet paper rolls, (you can wrap the outside with pretty stuff... like foil) cut them to fit over any exposed pipe, and snug up against the faucets, Then, fill them with that insulation foam from a can. Then trim and make pretty.

That way, I didn't have to worry about the weather again.

mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

So our school closed today after 5" or so of snow, and we rarely close or even delay, so there must have been an icing issue... I'm used to being on my feet all day at school, so after 4 hours of sitting correcting essays etc. I couldn't take it anymore, I had to take a walk around the neighborhood. Now my morning started at 5;30 with me clearing the snow off solar panels on roof (wind whipping) and then clearing the driveway etc. I thought it was chilly then. Even on a beautiful sunny snowday, I figured it would still be chilly, so I dressed for it. 100 yards out of the house, wind at my back, it was too much. turned back, into the wind, guessing at least 20mph as it was really pushing me back at times. the 1* felt effin chilly. The only thing exposed was a small area around my eyes and nose. That turned painful.... I was close to pulling hat over entire face and walking blindly home. Gosh, it looks so beautiful outside, looking at it from the warm inside.
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

Yankeedag wrote:Dang it! there is some key on this board I keep hitting unknowingly, and it erases everything I type. POOP!
Are you using a laptop? Sometimes the touchpad can cause problems like that. If you happen to hit the buttons on the touchpad inadvertently, you might highlight all of your text, and then the next key you type replaces all of what you typed. I always disable the touchpad on my laptops and use an external mouse, cuz I got sick of deleting everything I typed that way.
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Crazy Climber wrote:
Yankeedag wrote:Dang it! there is some key on this board I keep hitting unknowingly, and it erases everything I type. POOP!
Are you using a laptop? Sometimes the touchpad can cause problems like that. If you happen to hit the buttons on the touchpad inadvertently, you might highlight all of your text, and then the next key you type replaces all of what you typed. I always disable the touchpad on my laptops and use an external mouse, cuz I got sick of deleting everything I typed that way.
good point. might check into it. Thanks. :idea:

Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

No work for me or LMOL tonight. They have the highway on both sides of town closed due to blowing and drifting snow. Near white-out conditions here in town at times. I can only imagine what it would be like out in the country.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence