No need for you, with MBU!

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: No need for you, with MBU!

Post by DaYooper »

FedoraDave wrote:That's why I prefer it here. You won't get a thread locked around here unless you call someone "ignorant". :whistle:
I have to say MrB was pretty good about not locking things unless 1) it was something that was getting ugly real quick, or 2) it had to do with Brew Demon because of legal issues. That was one thing we all liked about "Overthere."

But, "ignorant" brewer just shows that no matter where you go, you will always end up with "that neighbour" who just goes out of their way to piss you off.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

He seemed determined to be offended, even though I and a couple of others pointed out that my use of the word was correct, in that it literally means "Lacking knowledge or information".

And, honestly, the rest of the stuff I said in my post was very encouraging. I told him that once he had learned some basics, he'd no doubt be making very good beer.

Ignorance can be cured.

Stupid can't.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
King Duncan's Porter
Fermenting/Conditioning
Littlejohn's Ale -- Crown Top Pale Ale
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Last edited by swenocha on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

A troll is a troll.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

OKAY you guys are all going to get mad at me but really isn't this going to far.

ON every other forum I've been to in searches, including one that I thought was for the "PROS", in every search topic where I got a hit the thread had devolved into a sniping insulting spiral that rarely addressed an OP's original question in the end.

Do we want to be that kind of forum?? I say NO NO NO and beg you to peruse some of the posts on here where we have been:

Inviting new brewers here with offers of experience and encouragement

Supporting our fellows in time of distress and illness

Sharing brew day successes and failures where other sites might want to pontificate or bully

Sharing jokes, humor, hobbies etc. that bring us all closer together than we really are

AND IT WORKS

Many of us understand that the whole MB debacle might have left some hard feelings lurking but to keep having these multi-day venting threads recurring is un-productive, embarrassing and just plain depressing.

You will be mad at me for this post but I feel sorry for Leigh and the moderators for having to try to deal with this never ending rant. It is just not representative of what our normal community personality is about.

If I understand correctly a few of our members have been personally insulted/attacked on the other site but I have to ask you guys: by whom???

I mean you are calling people trolls and stuff so why not just recognize that they don't deserve your attention and move on?

I'm sorry but I feel like with the :borg: that so many people have worked so hard to establish this special and unique and comfortable and happy place are being insulted by letting unimportant slights to egos erode everything that they have worked so hard to achieve.

To the newer members of our community who may be confused by this "banter" I ask your patience and ensure you that the advise you receive here is legitimate and sincere.

Ultimately we do want to help others make beer they will enjoy and have fun doing it.

:cheers:
Sibling Brewers
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

Well, we are whipping a dead horse.

I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
haerbob3
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by haerbob3 »

Brewbirds wrote: I mean you are calling people trolls and stuff so why not just recognize that they don't deserve your attention and move on?
That lurker MR BEER!!
im Leben Geduld ist eine Tugend
in Brau-es ist eine Anforderung

in life patience is a virtue
in brewing it is a requirement

You are stronger than you think you are!!!!
~~Andy Wesley 1973 -- 2013
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

BB, we tried that "be nice to the troll" and "ignore the troll" at MB's place.
Yeah, that didn't work. It was more fun calling the twits out. Trolls can dish it, but can't take it.
So you are more than welcome to ignore the retarded social rejects to your lovely little hearts content.
I, however, will hunt the scum out and call them what they are.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

Leave it to a woman to take the fun out of it and bring us back to earth...dog-gone-it. Dag, They have yet to find me over here lurking and trolling
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Naked Trolls Rule!
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Birdie, I understand where you're coming from, and I appreciate your sentiments.

However...

This is one thread out of hundreds, and maybe we need something like this as a sort of "quarantine thread", to allow us to vent some hard feelings and not infect the rest of the board with the butt-hurt.

Trolls or not, some people were/are being attacked, and that's hurtful. We've always maintained that The Borg serves as a cyber-tavern, where we can meet our chums, share a pint, have a few laughs, and celebrate our love of homebrew. But a tavern also serves the purpose of being a Clean Room when needed, where someone can express their frustration or even anger when the world deals them a rotten hand.

So yeah, there are bound to be some hard feelings over how screwed up the MB board became, and the treatment this board is getting over there, as if we were a rival Little League team. And some people just like to stir up sh*t because they have pathetic little lives, and any attention is good attention, so they come to a place like this and pee on the floor just so the grownups will notice them. So we've noticed. And we're venting a little. And we'll move on. It happened when Kenny infested the MB community, and it happened again when Caveman and his many pathetic lying incarnations infested it. And it may happen yet again. But when it does, we'll already be long over this particular snipe war, and we'll be chuckling over this even as we lock and load against the current swarm.

Maybe this thread seems ugly, and I won't dispute that. But even good people have bad feelings, and maybe we need this kind of thing as a cathartic.
Obey The Hat!

Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
King Duncan's Porter
Fermenting/Conditioning
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

I agree that this is truly a virtual bar. People go to bars for four reasons:

1) To try beers and food and talk about them.
2) Because they are in a happy place and want to celebrate.
3) Because they are NOT in a happy place and want to vent.
4) To pick up hot babes in short skirts.

This thread represents #3.

Why do I get the feeling that Bru Girl and JoeBeer were working together just to stir things up, especially seeing as both have pretty much disappeared after riling things up.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I've noticed a severe lack of hot babes in short skirts around here, and I've been meaning to ask the mods if they can do something about that.

Inkleg in a kilt does NOT count!
Obey The Hat!

Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
King Duncan's Porter
Fermenting/Conditioning
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

FedoraDave wrote:I've noticed a severe lack of hot babes in short skirts around here, and I've been meaning to ask the mods if they can do something about that.

Inkleg in a kilt does NOT count!
yer just getting to picky in your older age Dave. :fedora:
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
haerbob3
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by haerbob3 »

through all of this does any one else feel like they have been 8Teen'ed???
im Leben Geduld ist eine Tugend
in Brau-es ist eine Anforderung

in life patience is a virtue
in brewing it is a requirement

You are stronger than you think you are!!!!
~~Andy Wesley 1973 -- 2013