What are you drinking?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by swenocha »

Beerlabelman wrote: Doesn't your ass burn the next day? :lol:
Aye, the spicy bird 'tis a cruel mistress... That's lovingly referred to as "afterglow" or "retribution" in these parts...

That documentary goes into the question of why a little bit. It's addictive. It tastes so good. I can't get enough. It's hard to explain, as it seems counter-intuitive, but I used to eat it weekly, and still eat it at least monthly.

For the record, that ghost pepper guy, gagging after two bites and only eating four, is a bit of a wimp IMHO. I knocked out an entire breast tonight with barely a runny nose and watery eye, and will do the same thing tomorrow. ;)
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

Stopped by Pike Brewing after work for the:
Washington Hop Mob Triple IPA Roadshow event; crowded, awesome beers! Only 5 varieties were still available by the time I arrived, I tried two awesome brews I have never tried before:

Black Raven Brewing

Beer name: Birdserker Triple IPA

Expected ABV:10.2%

Expected IBU:

Hops: Apollo, Bravo, Nugget, Comet, Cascade, Palisade and Calypso

Malt bill: Two row barley, pilsner and rye

We’ll just let Head Brewer and Co-Owner Beaux Bowman tell you about Birdserker:

“We brewed this beer inspired only by the challenge to do something we have never done. Brew a triple IPA? What the hell is a triple IPA anyway? Is it a young barley wine or a super imperial IPA? Well whatever it is, here you go! Enjoy with caution and make sure you are sitting down.

This beer tested both the limits (and patience) of machine and man. My first attempt was lost to the evil stuck mash gremlin. On the second attempt, the gremlin was defeated and banished to Oregon, where he will forever wreak havoc on some of those ‘tap takeover’ brewers. Take that Oregon! I really should have named this beer “Hop contract slayer” with all the hops we threw at it.”

A limited-batch of 12oz bottles will be available at Black Raven on Feb. 22 as part of the Washington Beer Open House.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pike Brewing
image.jpg
image.jpg (33.26 KiB) Viewed 990 times
Hopulus Erectus

Expected ABV: 9.5%

Expected IBU: 85-ish

Hops: Galena, Horizon, Ahtanum, Summit, Simcoe, Mosaic

Head Brewer Dean Mochizuki likes hops and loves visiting the hop fields of Yakima. So, when presented the opportunity to make a Triple IPA as part of the Triple IPA Roadshow, he jumped on it. His love of hops definitely shows in Hopulus Erectus, which was brewed with five pounds of hops per barrel. Dean and team used Galena hops for bittering, Horizon, Ahtanum and Summit hops for flavor; Summit, Ahtanum, Horizon, Simcoe and Mosaic for aroma; and Simcoe, Mosaic and Summit for dry hopping. They dry hopped it twice in the fermenter and again in the bright beer tank. Hopulus Erectus will also be available on tap at the Pike Pub & Brewery.
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

swenocha wrote:
Beerlabelman wrote: Doesn't your ass burn the next day? :lol:
Aye, the spicy bird 'tis a cruel mistress... That's lovingly referred to as "afterglow" or "retribution" in these parts...

That documentary goes into the question of why a little bit. It's addictive. It tastes so good. I can't get enough. It's hard to explain, as it seems counter-intuitive, but I used to eat it weekly, and still eat it at least monthly.

For the record, that ghost pepper guy, gagging after two bites and only eating four, is a bit of a wimp IMHO. I knocked out an entire breast tonight with barely a runny nose and watery eye, and will do the same thing tomorrow. ;)
My 11 year old daughter is up to fresh chopped up Habanero's tossed in her food already. Ghost peppers won't be too far off. Yes we get "afterglow" too but hot peppers are like crack, you just want more.

And a nice sour is just the thing when you eat something like that. No wonder Swen likes Sours.

I'm drinking the last of the NWPA beers I tried to cover up the POR in and failed. I don't hate the stuff but I'm glad it's the last.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I'm not drinking this now, since it's 9 am. But I had it last night, I had a huge beer and food coma last night....that's why I'm posting now.

Went to dinner with a colleague last night. For desert I had a Belgian Chocolate Creme Brulee and a Saison Noir from a very local brewery called Rockmill Brewery. The place specializes in Belgian ales. If your interested watch the video here: http://rockmillbrewery.com/our-story/ It really is a pretty cool place.

The beer is described on their website as:
SAISON NOIR
NOW AVAILABLE ON DRAFT 8% ABV
Our Saison Noir presents as rich black with raspberry fringe lacing. Complex aromas & flavor of candied fruit, sweet potato crème brûlée followed by hints of caramel and mild tobacco in the finish.

Now...I'm not sure about the raspberry fringe lacing or the sweet potato creme brulee part, but holy how was this an awesome beer. It tasted nothing like it looked. It was very smooth and not at all heavy. It was so complex it is very hard to explain...so I won't really try. The pic is a little dark, but here it is with the chocolate creme brulee:
image.jpg
image.jpg (117.4 KiB) Viewed 980 times
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Ibasterd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Ibasterd »

New Belgium "Shift" Crisp and clean.
Attachments
shift.jpg
shift.jpg (120.19 KiB) Viewed 977 times
What is best in life?" "To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

0221141554.jpg
0221141554.jpg (94.92 KiB) Viewed 969 times
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Happy Ending.JPG
Happy Ending.JPG (86.25 KiB) Viewed 963 times
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Yet another Lombard Street Swill. This beer really ages well. I love the malt bill, and the bitterness is so smooth. Think I might have to pour me another after this one.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Amlight Ale, my second bottled batch (MB CAL), conditioned 4 weeks tastes pretty good for straight up brew. I'll see later if my first batch has finally conditioned out the "green" taste at 5 1/2 weeks, Draft Day APA (MB Powerful Patriot). It would have helped to leave it longer than 16 days in the LBK, didn't have the patience just yet!

Draft Day APA ready! I now taste the Pride of Ringwood that's part of the HME's, even using Liberty Hops at 10 minutes and dry hopping with Liberty hasn't hidden the PoR. Its tolerable and since the last brew, I ventured into grains and DME, I can confidently alter what HME refills I have left from Xmas!
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

Ya'll know by now I am a big Sam Adams fan... so we went to the Hidden Still the next town over because we had a Groupon... and Sam Adams had taken over the taps... I started with the Double Bock 9.5% very malty which I like,,, next was the Triple Threat IPA 8.5%, not the real name, I just forgot, but it was an IPA... Not as hoppy as I wanted after a malty, but it was good... next was the Backwoods Porter, maple and pecan aroma, dynomite, but the taste... a bit of smokey, but cigarette smokey.... wouldn't order a second, and turned down the free samples... next was the Grumpy Monk, a bit over the top clove, otherwise pretty good...

Had to leave because the Sam Adams drafts were only $3.00, plus I got a hat. Rebel IPA hat... by the way... even though it was created after West Coast IPA's (missed the mark) it is an IPA I really enjoy...
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Herradura Port Cask Finished Reposado, it's aged 11 months in medium char oak and then finished for 2 months in Port Wine casks. It does give the agave deeper fruit/plum complexity.
Remember boy and girls, if you need salt and lime, then maybe you should think about upgrading your Tequila. ;)
Herradura.JPG
Herradura.JPG (119.45 KiB) Viewed 943 times
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Inkleg wrote: Remember boy and girls, if you need salt and lime, then maybe you should think about upgrading your Tequila. ;)
Herradura.JPG

Hehe...that's funny. When I do drink tequila I prefer Patron Silver. Makes a damn good magarita! And if you haven't tried it yet, try pairing dark chocolate with your tequila. May not sound good, but the combination is really good. At least with the silver, I've not tried it with the Reposado.

There is a world-class chocolatier near here that does dark chocolate balls with tequila inside....yum. Not the creamy, sweet filling stuff either, pure tequila. But it's easy enough to replicate with a shot and a bar of chocolate :D
docpd
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by docpd »

SunKing Fist Full of Hops seasonal IPA. They are producing 4 different seasonal IPA's with the same malt profile but different hops. The first one had Pacifica and Zythos. This one has Chinook and Centennial. Very tasty.
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Bomber of Dirty Derby Drank.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I'm drinking lots of stuff..My Pliny, my Ace of Spades, New Belgium Ranger, some stout. I guess the question is, what am I NOT drinking?
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black