DIY stir plate

Strange little beasties, get info about different yeasts and how to use them.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Re: DIY stir plate

Post by Beer-lord »

That looks just one sneeze away from a sticky mess but I will say this, its a novel approach to yeast starters.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Insanitized

Post by Insanitized »

FrozenInTime wrote:Then your not actually stirring the wort. There needs to be a magnet bar in the flask spinning the wort infusing oxygen into it. Spinning the flask and wort like that is not different than just letting it sit on the counter, which works albeit a lot slower.
Gotcha, I'll get a stir plate at some point, this hobby is already way over budget after two weeks. :funnel:
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Insanitized wrote:
FrozenInTime wrote:Then your not actually stirring the wort. There needs to be a magnet bar in the flask spinning the wort infusing oxygen into it. Spinning the flask and wort like that is not different than just letting it sit on the counter, which works albeit a lot slower.
Gotcha, I'll get a stir plate at some point, this hobby is already way over budget after two weeks. :funnel:
Don't get me started but until you realize there is no budget, you've not crossed the line yet. There are self help groups for us somewhere. :lol:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
GOF
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by GOF »

Beer-lord wrote:
Insanitized wrote:
Don't get me started but until you realize there is no budget, you've not crossed the line yet. There are self help groups for us somewhere. :lol:
Let me know where. I want to avoid them.
Insanitized

Post by Insanitized »

Beer-lord wrote:
Insanitized wrote:
After brewing the first thought I have is I need more fermenters.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Isanitized....talk like that will label you an enabler! :lol:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
Insanitized

Post by Insanitized »

Two weeks in and I own 4 carboys, a refractometer, I made a wort chiller, bought 2 kegs and co2, have two beers fermenting, and am wondering whether to get another Bubbler from Northern or a bucket for my next brew and where I'm going to put it when it's done. Who knew a drunk would enjoy cooking booze?
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

You're ok, just don't take your wife to a brewery tour for your anniversary!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BrownstotheBone »

Insanitized wrote:Two weeks in and I own 4 carboys, a refractometer, I made a wort chiller, bought 2 kegs and co2, have two beers fermenting, and am wondering whether to get another Bubbler from Northern or a bucket for my next brew and where I'm going to put it when it's done. Who knew a drunk would enjoy cooking booze?

Uh oh.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Insanitized wrote:Two weeks in and I own 4 carboys, a refractometer, I made a wort chiller, bought 2 kegs and co2, have two beers fermenting, and am wondering whether to get another Bubbler from Northern or a bucket for my next brew and where I'm going to put it when it's done. Who knew a drunk would enjoy cooking booze?

Nice start but u have a ways to go yet... LOL
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!